This is Adyen
This is Adyen
We took an unobvious approach to starting a payments company, building a platform from scratch. Today, we're the payments platform of choice for the world's brightest companies. Speed is the foundation of our company. We think fast. We work fast. We launch fast. We are honest, direct, and try to have some fun too. We’re creating our own path, with a global team driving sustainable growth. To maintain our momentum, we need people to join us in finding new ways of solving our unique challenges - people like you.
Adyen is looking for full-time Network Engineers for its Infrastructure team in Amsterdam. The ideal candidate should have broad systems experience with a Linux background, learn on the fly, diagnose problems and be used to dealing with a 24/7 environment. Your advanced system and network skills will be utilized on various projects and for keeping our in-house developed payments platform in top shape.
What you’ll do
- Build out our global network, both datacenter interconnects and internet infrastructure;
- You will help monitor network performance and analyse network irregularities to ensure system availability and reliability;
- Install and configure network devices and services such as routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers.
Who you are
- Technology: You must be proficient and have real world and hands-on experience with the following technologies: the Linux network stack, monitoring, firewalls, network security protocols, and more;
- Experience: Designing and implementing network configurations, network monitoring, troubleshooting performance issues, configuring security systems such as firewalls in a Linux-based production environment;
- Knowledge: Solid understanding of load balancing, high-availability network infrastructure, routing protocols such as BGP and OSPF, UNIX-related network services, TCP/IP networking, DNS and HTTP(s), network security. Knowledge of protocols such as MPLS and EVPN is a plus;
- Mentality: You are a team-player who is open to feedback. Able to work in a 24/7 environment, make quick informed decisions, and handle pressure;
- Language: You are able to communicate in English.
Who we are
Adyen is the payments platform of choice for many of the world’s leading companies, providing a modern end-to-end infrastructure connecting directly to Visa, Mastercard, and consumers' globally preferred payment methods. Adyen delivers frictionless payments across online, mobile, and in-store channels. With offices across the world, Adyen serves customers including Facebook, Uber, Spotify, Casper, Bonobos and L'Oreal.
Ready to meet us?
If this role looks like your next challenge, apply by clicking the below link. We can’t wait to meet you!