This is Adyen
We took an unobvious approach to starting a payments company, building a platform from scratch. Today, we're the payments platform of choice for the world's brightest companies. Our unobvious approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity, of backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives, is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business challenges are unique, we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. So no matter where you’re from, who you love, or what you believe in, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Adyen is looking for full-time Network Engineers for its Infrastructure team in Amsterdam. The ideal candidate should have broad systems experience with a Linux background, learn on the fly, diagnose problems and be used to dealing with a 24/7 environment. Your advanced system and network skills will be utilized on various projects and for keeping our in-house developed payments platform in top shape.
What you’ll do
- Build out our global network, both datacenter interconnects and internet infrastructure;
- You will support monitor network performance and analyse network irregularities to ensure system availability and reliability;
- Install and configure network devices and services such as routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers.
Who you are
- Technology: You must be proficient and have real world and hands-on experience with the following technologies: the Linux network stack, monitoring, firewalls, network security protocols, and more;
- Experience: Designing and implementing network configurations, network monitoring, troubleshooting performance issues, configuring security systems such as firewalls in a Linux-based production environment;
- Knowledge: Solid understanding of load balancing, high-availability network infrastructure, routing protocols such as BGP and OSPF, UNIX-related network services, TCP/IP networking, DNS and HTTP(s), network security. Knowledge of protocols such as MPLS and EVPN is a plus;
- Mentality: You are a team-player who is open to feedback. Able to work in a 24/7 environment, make quick informed decisions, and handle pressure.
Who we are
Adyen is the payments platform of choice for many of the world’s leading companies, providing a modern end-to-end infrastructure connecting directly to Visa, Mastercard, and consumers' globally preferred payment methods. Adyen delivers frictionless payments across online, mobile, and in-store channels. With offices across the world, Adyen serves customers including Facebook, Uber, Spotify, Casper, Bonobos and L'Oreal.
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion commitments
Our unobvious approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity of backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business and technical challenges are unique, we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. So no matter where you’re from, who you love, or what you believe in, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Studies show that women and members of underrepresented communities apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Even if you don’t meet 100% of the criteria then Adyen encourages you to reconsider and apply. We look forward to your application.
Ensuring a smooth and enjoyable candidate experience is critical for us. We aim to get back to you regarding your application within 3 business days. Our interview process tends to take between 3 or 4 weeks to complete. Don’t be afraid to let us know if you need more flexibility.