This is Adyen
Adyen is the payments platform of choice for the world's leading companies, delivering frictionless payments across online, mobile, and in-store channels. Our team members are motivated individuals that help each other do remarkable things every day. We face unique technical challenges at scale and we solve those as a team. And together, we deliver innovative and ethical solutions that transform the way the world pays.
We took an unobvious approach to starting a payments company, building a platform from scratch. Now, Adyen serves the world's brightest companies like Facebook, Uber, L'Oreal, Casper, Bonobos, and Spotify.
What you’ll do
As a C/C++ engineer you will work on a solution for Payment Devices with many capabilities. These capabilities include:
- Accepting payments with conventional cards, phones, QR codes;
- Communication with the Adyen backend to achieve one platform solution;
- Integration with a variety of cash registers using state of the art standards;
- Deploying our solution to various platforms ranging from established Linux based terminals to more dynamic Android devices.
You will be working on developing our main business logic in C++, using a variety of testing methods. These methods range from unit testing to complete product testing via automated programmable robots in order to offer a stable and feature rich solution to all of our merchants.
We value your opinion and ideas. You are encouraged to propose improvements, new solutions for your team and the platform. You will also have the freedom and opportunity to work on projects that will bring innovation and keep Adyen ahead of their competition. Since with freedom comes responsibility, you are expected to take ownership of the feature you work on, and be involved from design, implementation, testing and monitoring of the new functionality as well as to ensure a sustainable and secure solution.
At Adyen we have a development team working with various technologies. When you love to solve hard technical problems effectively, take ownership and want to work as part of an efficient team of professionals please reach out! We are constantly looking for the right balance between elegant solutions and time-to-market. In other words, you have the opportunity to work in a comfortable but dynamic and commercial environment.
Who you are
- A motivated enthusiastic team player
- Able to provide reliable and clearly understandable code
- Willing to learn and improve
- Flexible, open to new ideas
- Proactive, can bring great ideas to improve the solution
- C and C++ development knowledge
- Able to communicate fluently in English
Nice to have:
- Experience in Linux systems programming
- Android knowledge/experience
- Multiprocess/threading knowledge
- Strong in design concepts and multiplatform design approaches
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion commitments
Our unobvious approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity of backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business and technical challenges are unique, we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. So no matter where you’re from, who you love, or what you believe in, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Studies show that women and members of underrepresented communities apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Sounds like you? If so, Adyen encourages you to reconsider and apply. We look forward to your application.
Ensuring a smooth and enjoyable candidate experience is critical for us. We aim to get back to you regarding your application within 3 business days. Our interview process tends to take between 3 or 4 weeks to complete. Don’t be afraid to let us know if you need more flexibility.
If you still feel this is not the right role for you, how about sharing it with a friend or colleague who might be interested?