This is Adyen
We took an unobvious approach to starting a payments company, building a platform from scratch. Today, we're the payments platform of choice for the world's brightest companies. Our unobvious approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity, of backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives, is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business challenges are unique, we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. So no matter where you’re from, who you love, or what you believe in, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Adyen’s next Technical Writer
Do you enjoy working on the nitty gritty, but also looking at the bigger picture? Do you love to break down complex text into easy to understand content? Are you able to shift focus and tone according to different audiences?
Due to the growth of the company we are looking for multiple Technical Writers to join the team who understand the technical details and can write documentation for developers interested in integrating with our APIs or SDKs.
You will be part of our development team, based in Amsterdam. Here, you will get familiar with and work on the payment industry's most advanced and robust platform.
What you’ll do
- Write technical documentation for our external developer audience, such as API reference docs and developer guides;
- Deliver clear and concise documentation in simple and easy-to-read English;
- Support design and layout;
- Concept and build solutions to automate and actively optimize our docs;
- Review, challenge and copy edit the content created by non-writers and drive best practices in technical writing with others.
Who you are
- You enjoy working together with developers and product owners to deliver quality documentation;
- You can write conceptual documentation, detailed integration guides, code samples, API reference, and other online materials in a developer-friendly language;
- You are not afraid to speak your mind and you like to take ownership. You are determined to influence content, drive the documentation strategy, user experience, and tooling;
- Experience developing with programming languages such as Java, Python, C#, PHP, Ruby, or others is a plus.
What we do
We create and maintain Adyen’s external documentation (https://docs.adyen.com), and API Explorer (https://docs.adyen.com/api-explorer). For more information on our API Explorer, check out our Tech blog post "Improving the developer experience with OpenAPI Specification” (https://www.adyen.com/blog/improving-the-developer-experience-with-openapi-specification).
Who we are
Adyen is the payments platform of choice for the world's leading companies, delivering frictionless payments across online, mobile and in-store channels. It is the only provider of a modern end-to-end infrastructure, connecting directly to Visa, Mastercard, and consumers' globally preferred payment methods. With offices around the world, Adyen serves nine of the 10 largest U.S. internet companies and many worldwide retailers. Customers include Facebook, Uber, L'Oreal, Casper, Bonobos, and Spotify.
Are you ready to meet us?
If you are excited about this role, apply by clicking the below link. We can’t wait to meet you!