Consumer Experience Associate
At Deliveroo, consumers are at the heart of our mission to build the definitive food company - in this role you will be too.
Reporting to the Consumer Experience Manager, you will have the exciting opportunity to join the Consumer Strategy and Experience team at a nascent stage. You’ll be responsible for working with our local teams and Consumer Product on improving our core consumer app and web experience experience. In all that you do - you will be the voice of the consumer.
Deliveroo operates in one of the most complex businesses in the world. Our three-sided marketplace (of consumers, riders and restaurants) operates in real-time, serving millions of customers hyper-locally in more than 600 towns across 12 countries. The geographical and demographic diversity of our customers, as well as the competitive dynamics of the market, makes this a fascinating and intellectually challenging role. This role is a unique opportunity to join the Consumer Strategy and Experience team which sits within the growing Consumer & Pricing org at an early stage; and to have an sizeable impact on the trajectory of a business that is growing at a breakneck pace. The role is set to be incredibly rewarding.
What you’ll be doing:
You will be championing the Consumer Experience at every turn. From building frameworks for how we should use our homepage to talk to our customers, to creating dashboards that reveal untapped merchandising opportunities - it’s a varied role. We are looking for an analytical thinker who is able to leverage experience and data to build consensus for and drive momentum on key issues impacting our customers. Example activities that you would be responsible for include:
- Working with Product, UX, Design, Data Science, Consumer & Restaurant Teams to identify opportunities to improve Consumer Experiences within the app and web
- Investigate and support on projects to improve our key metrics e.g. conversion rate and lifetime value
- Lead and support on projects to improve key pain points in the customer journey, for example making our menu imagery and taxonomy better for our customers
- Supporting the business to understand eCommerce merchandising and content real estate and how we optimise it. For example, providing guidance to local teams on optimal usage for merchandising levers
- Supporting local teams to get the most from our app and website by creating guidance and playbooks to allow them to best use the tools and features available to them
- Champion testing, data-led decisions and experimentation as part of our ways of working
We are looking for some who;
- 2-3 years experience in a consulting or eCommerce environment
- Strong understanding of eCommerce performance metrics
- Is curious, decisive and has a positive “why not” mindset. You see problems as an opportunity to fix them. Ambiguity doesn’t faze you
- Brilliant at bringing people together, with differing requirements and opinions to build consensus and a prioritised plan of action
- You can juggle strategic planning and reporting with tactical project delivery
- You are great at communicating and building networks. You understand that your message needs to have the right context, tone and empathy
- Can prioritise effectively as well as lead multiple project workstreams concurrently and independently
- Action orientated with a track record of delivering actionable results
- Previous digital experience in an area such as eCommerce Trading, Conversion Rate Optimisation, Personalisation, Customer Journey Management or Product Management/Operations
- Strong data analysis skills with the ability to find insights and take action on them
- Strong verbal communication skills with the ability to influence others
- Effective presentation skills in terms of speed and quality of output
- Excellent written communication skills with the ability to craft clear and concise written documents
- Knowledge of core SQL
- Experience in a start-up environment (or as an entrepreneur)
When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We’re a technology driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world, so come and join us for the ride.
Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.