Deliveroo is on a mission to be the definitive food company. We want to be the platform that people turn to whenever they think about food. We continue to operate in a competitive marketplace but have achieved so much over the past year, including significant growth in our Hop, Grocery, Editions, Signature & Plus businesses.
We continue to innovate and challenge ourselves on what we should deliver next to achieve our mission. We are investing and building out teams to help us launch new innovative products. It's an exciting time to join and while we have made great progress, we are just getting started!
Deliveroo Hop launched in September 2021 and is Deliveroo’s speedy grocery delivery service. Our mission is to deliver groceries to customers around the world in as little as 10 minutes - from the weekly shop, to a last minute dinner party or a late night snack. Working with trusted grocers, Deliveroo Hop promises to bring customers the very best products at lightning speed.
The team behind Deliveroo Hop are building a network of stores across London, the UK and International markets. Each delivery store is staffed with a team who have been specially trained to manage the operations efficiently as well as pick and pack orders in record time, with Deliveroo’s 100,000 strong rider network completing all deliveries.
We’re looking for people with an exceptional drive and entrepreneurial spirit to join the team at Deliveroo Hop and help us build the leading speedy grocery delivery service. Hungry to win? This is an exciting time to join the Deliveroo HOP team within the broader Deliveroo organisation - we’re only just getting started!
The role of the Warehouse Supervisor is to support the Warehouse Manager in achieving the highest performance possible within their Warehouse. This includes maximising customer satisfaction, striving to ensure their shift works efficiently, ensuring and supervising accuracy in stock counting, handling stock with care and according to rotation policies to reduce wastage.
The Warehouse Supervisor must also contribute to a positive and cooperative working environment that is pleasant for all colleagues and ensure at all times that the tasks they are carrying out and have delegated are in line with all H&S policies.
What you'll be doing
- Supervise that all orders are picked efficiently to meet time targets
- Communicate with our riders to ensure our customers receive our deliveries in a timely manner
- Run the dispatch area and and support with packing delivery orders to send to our customers
- Ensure all deliveries are scanned accurately and appropriate claims are logged
- Unload delivery wagons according to procedure, taking time to ensure accuracy of product locations and date rotation
- Ensure stock counts are accurate and all areas counted as needed
- Partner with our Warehouse Assistant Manager and Warehouse Manager to ensure the site runs smoothly
- Supervise that the warehouse remains clean and tidy at all time and that any hazards have been dealt with urgently
- Complete H&S checks and ensure that the warehouse and employees are diligently adhering to company policies and procedures throughout their shift
- Previous experience in a similar environment is valued but not required (FMCG/Retail/Warehouse/Last mile delivery is a big plus)
- Strong hands-on mentality and detailed oriented
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Proven track record of consistently hitting KPI targets (e.g. pick times)
- Track record of attendance, punctuality and reliability
- Demonstrated leadership and experience training other associates
- Ability to run shift on their own
- Contribute to a positive working environment
- Good communication skills and a good proficiency in both written and spoken English
- Right to work in the UK
Workplace & Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.