Content designers are part of our Experience team at Deliveroo. The Experience team defines how our customers, riders, restaurants and grocery partners interact with Deliveroo’s products. We’re based in London but our team has a global impact, with our work reaching customers in Singapore, riders in Amsterdam and restaurant kitchens in Paris.
As a Principal Content Designer, you will deliver work that truly impacts the way Deliveroo works. You will bring consistency to all our platforms and products, and deliver solutions to the most critical, organisation-wide problems.
What you’ll be doing
- Breaking down, planning, estimating and delivering complex content design solutions to critical problem spaces that affect multiple product teams.
- Guiding teams and design leaders to solve our hardest problems.
- Getting out of the office (or home) and working with research to observe the impact of your work in the real world, then using your findings to influence your work and strategy.
- Influencing and contributing to design strategy and vision, together with product managers.
- Thinking strategically about what the content design team needs and finding ways to make the team more efficient and effective.
- Investing in content design standards, documentation and processes alongside other content designers.
- Driving and supporting cross-team initiatives that make the Experience practice at Deliveroo better - such as improving our hiring processes, expanding our community presence, interviewing potential new team members and more.
- Mentoring our most senior content designers, and working with other members of the Experience team to help them develop their own skills.
We value intellectual humility, an eagerness to learn, and the ability to move quickly while being pragmatic about your decisions. But above all else, we're looking for unique personalities with varied backgrounds that add something new to our team and have a meaningful impact on our business.
Aside from this, we're looking for:
- At least 5 years experience as an individual contributor that has lead content design on complex projects
- Experience of creating and executing content design strategies with complex dependencies and interactions
- Experience working in high-growth product companies with an international footprint
- Experience working with and influencing senior stakeholders
- A broad range of skills covering the design process end to end: interaction design, visual design and prototyping
- Knowledge of platform-specific conventions
Our mission is to be the definitive food company. We are transforming the way the world eats by making food more convenient and accessible. We give people the opportunity to eat what they want, when and where they want it.
We are a technology-driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world. We are still a small team, making a very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, value autonomy and ownership, and we are always looking for new ideas.
What you might work on
The products we work on are as diverse as the users we serve, and we're fortunate to be in a company where design is a first class citizen. Design spans every aspect of our product and our operations, and during your time at Deliveroo you'll be exposed to a number of very different areas, such as:
- Our rider app
- Products for our restaurants
- Our suite of consumer products
- Internal tools to help us provide better customer service
- New product initiatives
- Product vision
- Design systems and tools
Workplace & Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest-growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.