About the Team
The Experience Team defines how our customers, riders, restaurants, and employees interact with Deliveroo's products and services end-to-end.
We are hiring a Senior Product Designer to join our Deliveroo for Work team, based in Hyderabad. We are a hybrid workplace. This role will report into a Senior Design Manager.
Our diverse team has global impact. We cook up accessible, localised, and inclusive products for customers in Singapore, riders in France, grocery chains in Italy, restaurant kitchens in Dubai—and beyond. Our user-focus guides us as we build the definitive online food company together.
What you'll be doing
- Shape product vision together with product managers
- Define standards & Work closely with design teams in defining high-level design patterns, UI kits, guidelines, and custom tooling. Balance product needs and technical feasibility to build a scalable, usable system.
- Communicate & Ensure that everyone is equipped to adopt design systems as they grow and evolve. Communicating changes and updates, gathering feedback to adjust the system, and unblocking designers as they run into issues.
- Promote excellence & Champion consistency, a high degree of UI craft, and the inclusion of illustration and animation in our products. Scheduling and facilitating regular meetings for planning and critique of design work.
- Assist with technical implementation: Work closely with UI engineers who build and maintain design systems in code.
- Work closely with your team and other designers in defining, designing and iterating on product features across web and mobile platforms
- You have at least 4 years of experience working as a Product Designer.
- You enjoy thinking through complex product challenges and care about solving the right problem
- Have a well trained eye for great visual design execution. You care about getting things right - one pixel off is a big deal.
- Take a strategic view to everything you do - your work stands the test of time
- Are fantastic at communicating your thinking and design decisions - you're able to get people along on the journey with you
- Are well versed at working with disciplines in your work to achieve the best outcome, such as user research, content and engineering.
- Enjoy mentoring others in their professional development as designers
- Have several years' experience in an individual contributor role on a product design team
- Have a great appetite (we love eating!)
- You don't need to have a degree to apply. What matters is you and the work you do.
Our mission is to be the definitive food company. We are transforming the way the world eats by making food more convenient and accessible. We give people the opportunity to eat what they want, as they want it, when and where they want it.
We are a technology-driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world. We are still a small team, making a very large impact, looking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, value autonomy and ownership, and we are always looking for new ideas.
Workplace & Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.