At Deliveroo, it is our mission to build the definitive food company. In order to do that, we’re building a company where everyone can belong, grow and do the best work of their lives.
The Rider Engagement team sits within the UKI Operations department and is focused on improving the experience of our riders, restaurants and customers through obtaining, understanding and acting on rider insight.
We're here to give our riders an unparalleled experience. There are thousands of Deliveroo riders in the United Kingdom and Ireland, and as we continue to grow, we work to create a great experience for riders.
The Operations team is the foundation of our business. Through localising our international strategy and product, they source and manage a growing fleet of delivery partners and ensure the efficient and rapid delivery of our orders (from our vast network of restaurant partners), to our increasing pool of hungry customers. Deliveroo has experienced tremendous growth in the past year and we are looking for talented individuals to add value to our team, who will be able to set strategy, structure and join the Engagement team.
As a Rider Engagement Associate, you will have the unique opportunity to contribute to raising the bar on how we build a compelling Rider proposition / brand and engage meaningfully with riders, in order to develop programs and initiatives that add value to our operating model.
Specifically, your role will involve the following responsibilities and you will need to:
- Monitor rider sentiment and operational metrics across London and South of the UK, report and contribute to a strategy for engagement
- Run in person events with riders in the United Kingdom and Ireland
- Work closely with stakeholders and external partners to launch key rider engagement projects in various markets
- Report on the effectiveness of rider events and engagement initiatives against KPIs, and share rider feedback with internal stakeholders to drive future engagement priorities
- Plan and execute rider events across United Kingdom and Ireland, gathering rider feedback and ensuring riders have the knowledge and support to complete deliveries safely
- Own initiatives from ideation to completion, implementing innovative campaigns to increase rider engagement and retention while testing and learning to optimise existing programs
- You will be based in our office in London and part of the Operations team
- Bachelor degree or equivalent working experience in relevant positions
- A self-starter attitude that’s able to quickly adapt to changing processes and priorities
- Ability to influence and work with multiple internal and external stakeholders
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- A proven ability to organise successful events
- An empathetic attitude: you know how to listen and collect feedback effectively
- Strong organisation skills and experience running events and/or focus groups
- Willing and be able to travel regularly for rider events and meetings across the United Kingdom and Ireland
Life at Deliveroo
We are a growing team, with very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, we’re always looking for new ideas and we’re very transparent about the decisions we make and why we make them.
There are so many questions we need to answer and plenty more we haven’t even encountered. How do data and technology help restaurants to grow as consumer habits change? How can we predict what someone wants to order for dinner long before the idea has even crossed their mind? At Deliveroo these are just some of the tough problems we are solving - and there is no challenge that cannot be yours. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth and personal impact is enormous.
Benefits and Diversity
- At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare.
- We offer to all our employees:
- Become one of the key employees of a fast-growing, exciting startup changing the food delivery landscape
- Open, respectful and fun company culture
- BIG Friday lunches – Deliveroo'd to the office of course!
- Gym and other allowances to counteract all the amazing food!
- Have a real impact on the company’s growth and evolution
- Work with people who love what they do every day
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-up’s around.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We're a technology driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world, so come and join us for the ride.