Contract - Head of Corporate Communications UKI
12 month contract maternity cover
This role is for a one-year maternity cover contract, starting in April 2022. The core responsibility is managing the UKI corporate communications plans, looking after all proactive and reactive media (including crisis in situations); working with the business to come up with and delivering story ideas; profiling senior figures within the business; advise senior staff on speaking engagements.
The candidate would ideally have experience working in a public company, and/or a start up. Their key discipline must be media handling, developing ideas for story content and experience selling in at all levels to print and broadcast journalists.
This role will report to the VP Communications, will have one direct report and will have a corporate communications agency to manage in each market.
- Support planning and execution of corporate stories and business announcements in the UK and Ireland
- Support on reactive and crisis communications in the UK and Ireland
- Organising and overseeing external speaking events for senior staff, including providing briefing materials for use globally
- Managing a corporate communications manager
- An excellent understanding of the business media landscape in the UK and Ireland
- A demonstrable record of success in the creation, development and execution of high profile media campaigns that have galvanised public interest
- Experience in crisis communications
- A strong understanding of the political context in the UK
- A good understanding of the policy and societal issues which Deliveroo may be involved in, and a desire to ‘shape the debate’ with Deliveroo’s work
- Excellent, thoughtful judgement
- Someone who is organised and can prioritise work, ensuring a proactive agenda of stories being delivered however much reactive news is being dealt with
- A proactive attitude and a desire to learn about and help shape decisions across the business, from commercial to operational decisions
- An excellent verbal and written communicator with the ability to prioritise within a heavy workload
- A desire to help others in a collaborative way, in a fast-growing business
- An excitement which comes from being at the cutting edge of new developments in the global economy and working for a market leader which is growing rapidly
- Experience working in a corporate communications team in a global public company