The primary role of the Financial Accountant (6 Month FTC) is to work on monthly reporting, statutory requirements and audit across Europe. The role will report into the Senior Finance Manager for the UK, USA and Ireland.
- Responsibility for month end reporting across different entities to include full accountability for specific locations/departments/processes
- Monthly variance analysis of P&L and Balance Sheet - including working with other Finance sub-departments to fully understand monthly actuals
- Monthly Balance Sheet reconciliations, including resolution of variances and issues identified
- Working with the auditors to fulfil their requests and answer their queries
- Ensuring compliance with local statutory requirements
- Process improvement
- Supporting the Senior Finance Manager as required
- Ad-hoc project work
- Liaising with the wider finance team to ensure accurate reporting
- Qualified ACA, ACCA or CIMA accountant
- Demonstrable relevant industry experience in a Management Accounting environment
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a wider team, with a willingness to help in all areas as required
- Track record of delivering results - you are willing to show initiative to generate results/meet deadlines
- Problem solving and decision-making skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and accounting softwares (NetSuite experience is desirable)
- Enjoy working in a fast changing, collaborative environment with ambitious targets designed to disrupt a major global market
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Life at Deliveroo
We are a growing team, with a very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, we’re always looking for new ideas and we’re very transparent about the decisions we make and why we make them.
There are so many questions we need to answer and plenty more we haven’t even encountered. How do we give low-income families access to affordable healthy meals? How do we reduce food and packaging waste? How do we enable low emissions vehicles to become more mainstream? What does a future layout of a restaurant look like? What role will robotics play in the future of restaurants? How do data and technology help restaurants to grow as consumer habits change? How can we predict what someone wants to order for dinner long before the idea has even crossed their mind? At Deliveroo these are just some of the tough problems we are solving - and there is no challenge that cannot be yours.
Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
In 2018 we announced our decision to give every employee equity in the company. We did this because we wanted all of our employees, regardless of location, level or role to be owners and because we believe that this is the right thing to do. We believe this helps build a culture where everyone is committed and able to share in the company’s success.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest-growing start-up’s around.