UKI Rider Operations
The U.K. & Ireland are our domestic and most mature markets. Functions include commercial, operations and marketing, and teams in the UK&I partner closely with global functions such as product, technology and consumer to deliver results for our customers.
The Planning & Analytics team sits within Rider Operations and is responsible for the availability, reliability and efficiency of the delivery network across the UK and Ireland. This considers demand management, logistics, rider fees and incentives, and is key to our customer proposition.
Deliveroo’s on-demand operations are complex with a multitude of moving parts and stakeholders. It will be your job to use your logical and inquisitive mindset to unpick these moving parts and provide solutions to unlock growth and profit.
You will be the go to person for all things operations for a collection of UK&I cities. You will be the key operational point of contact for the regional commercial team, and work extremely closely with them to solve complex operational challenges and maximise the benefit of the opportunities in the region. Your data-led analysis will help support decision making through the consideration of operations in the context of wider business implications. Key questions will include how to improve the customer proposition; the reliability of the network; the experience of our riders; and the performance of our restaurants. This will be measured across operational, financial, and growth metrics.
What you’ll be doing
- Ownership of operational metrics for a collection of UK&I cities.
- Work closely with commercial stakeholders, particularly the Regional Manager, to achieve the objectives for those cities.
- Investigate abnormal trends for those cities, diagnose a root cause, and work with the appropriate stakeholders including the network team within Planning & Analytics to implement a fix.
- Work alongside commercial stakeholders to plan and then own the implementation of changes to our customer offering for topics including delivery distances, city boundaries and opening hours.
- Seek continuous improvement of our key metrics, supported by data wherever possible, often via novel solutions.
- Consider the interests of our riders, restaurants, customers and Deliveroo itself in your decision making.
We have a high-performing team in place and are therefore receptive to trading off prior experience to develop a high potential candidate.
- A high standard of university level education or equivalent experience
- Proficient in data analysis, and especially able to draw clear, actionable conclusions from large datasets
- Comfortable working in ambiguity and with an 80/20 decision making mindset
- Comfortable working independently with an ownership mindset, as well as part of a team
- Strong project management skills and ability to influence stakeholders at various levels
- Comfortable handling multiple work streams at the same time
- A passion for learning, continuous improvement, and innovation
- Right to work in the UK
Preferred, but not required
- Some experience in consulting or a high growth business
- Experience with SQL, or willing to learn
Our mission is to be the definitive food company. We are transforming the way the world eats by making food more convenient and accessible. We give people the opportunity to eat what they want, when and where they want it.
We are a technology-driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world. We are still a small team, making a very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, value autonomy and ownership, and we are always looking for new ideas.
Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.