The U.K. & Ireland is our domestic and most mature market. Functions include commercial, operations and marketing, and teams in the UK&I partner closely with global functions such as product, technology and consumer to deliver results for our customers.
The UK&I Marketing Team is responsible for all marketing activity across the full marketing mix for UK&I, from large scale integrated campaigns including national television to promotions to local door drops. We work closely with our agency partners, commercial, product and central marketing teams, as well as our restaurant and grocery partners, to drive growth through new customer acquisition and retention, and drive our brand awareness and consideration up and down the country
We’re looking for a Director of Brand and Campaigns to lead our multichannel national campaigns. Reporting into the UK&I Marketing Director, you’ll own the strategy and calendar for all the key seasonal campaigns. The role will work closely and collaboratively with the rest of the UK&I business units, as well as the central consumer team. defines which partners pull which levers for us, and how to leverage them. The role will lead 3x direct reports to manage each campaign.
- Own the campaign strategy for UK&I, ensuring this is grounded in understanding of the customer, the brand, the market and commercial priorities
- Lead and manage a high volume of complex, large scale, multi-channel campaigns including TVC (at least 3-6 per year)
- Media planning and buying for all ATL campaigns nationally and locally, demonstrating efficiency and linking to business objectives
- Embrace & champion a test-and-learn environment to demonstrate incrementality and ROI of marketing spend; ensure tight oversight, management and optimisation of sizable local marketing budget (£100m plus)
- Develop, manage and iterate measurement frameworks across all channels, including econometrics
- Stakeholder management across central & local teams, including marketing, product, operations, commercial, Exec. level groups, and external agencies
- Build and lead a high-performing team; nurturing talent, recognise strengths and create development opportunities
- Think innovatively to find solutions to overcome growth-limiting challenges. Proactively identify opportunities that drive step-function increases in growth
- Drive creativity and innovation amongst your stakeholder groups, have a creative point of view
- 10+ years marketing or agency experience in online and offline marketing, with proven ability to successfully develop and execute major integrated, multi-channel, customer-centric campaigns
- A customer champion with a proven track record of making things happen - delivering results quickly and efficiently.
- Detail oriented executor. You're skilled at planning, organising, prioritising and executing simultaneous projects and activities at once. You can prioritise high impact activities and keep complicated projects moving forward.
- Superb analytical skills; demonstrated success using data to make decisions
- Great communication skills with a passion for building strong relationships.
- Strong understanding of creative ideas and how to make them as powerful as possible whilst balancing commercial objectives
- Experience of managing sizeable budgets
- Skilled at stakeholder management, with the ability to work in a fast-paced, matrix organisation.
- A strong understanding of media & creative, with experience managing creative and media agencies and an ability to push them creatively whilst ensuring the work is grounded in business insights and objectives
- Demonstrated experience of building, coaching and leading high-performing teams. You recognise talent when you see it, and you have experience nurturing your team members to success.
Our mission is to be the definitive food company. We are transforming the way the world eats by making food more convenient and accessible. We give people the opportunity to eat what they want, when and where they want it.
We are a technology-driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world. We are still a small team, making a very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, value autonomy and ownership, and we are always looking for new ideas.
Workplace & Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.