At Deliveroo, it is our mission to build the definitive food company. In order to do that, we’re building a company where everyone can belong, grow and do the best work of their lives.
The U.K. & Ireland is our domestic and most mature market. Functions include commercial, operations and marketing, and teams in the UK&I partner closely with global functions such as product, technology and consumer to deliver results for our customers.
The Growth Operations team sits within the UKI Operations department and is focused on improving the experience of our customers when they place an order from our largest restaurant partners. You will be at the forefront of ensuring that Deliveroo strengthens its position as the leader in the food delivery market. You will work together with our wider Operations team and Account Managers to ensure the smooth running of our delivery operations associated with our high-volume restaurant partners.
You will be adept at working independently to diagnose, resolve and report on areas of concern and at communicating proficiently with multiple stakeholders. You will be an authority on rider operations and a key part of the UK Operations team. You will often be the Operations voice in the room during meetings with key partners and your ability to influence and deliver a clear message will be key.
Central to this role will be the ability to understand problems, test solutions to address them and quickly determine how to scale them. This is an area where “silver bullets” are unlikely to be found and a systematic approach to improvements will be the key.
What you’ll be doing:
- Be a subject matter expert on rider operations
- Manage the interests of customers, riders and restaurants in every decision you take to help strengthen the business both now and into the future via a smooth logistics network
- Proactively find areas for improvement, be innovative in seeking the best solution, and execute in a timely and considered manner
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of how every action in Operations has second- and third-order impacts and how to plan for that
- Take business priorities into account to lead project work to a very high standard
- Positively impact the overall rider network through improvements driven by working with large National Account restaurant partners
- Represent the team in discussions with senior stakeholders
- Help align the aims of Growth Ops with those of other functions within the business including being central to target and KPI setting across other teams
- Embody a “test and learn” mentality to drive results
- Have a clear sense of the importance of ruthlessly prioritising to achieve the best outcomes with whatever resource is available
- Communication - able to develop good working relationships with key stakeholders, influence, and attain the requisite buy-in
- Influencer - able to rally others behind an idea and get stakeholders (both internal and external) to buy-in to your ideas.
- Analytical - able to identify the relevant information required to make a decision and present that information in a concise, logical manner
- Inquisitive - infectiously curious and happy to question the status-quo
- Project management - experience managing multiple projects and stakeholders in a structured and logical way to ensure you’re always delivering the right work at the right time.
- Experience working with Quick Service Restaurants is a bonus
Our mission is to be the definitive food company. We are transforming the way the world eats by making food more convenient and accessible. We give people the opportunity to eat what they want, when and where they want it.
We are a technology-driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world. We are still a small team, making a very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, value autonomy and ownership, and we are always looking for new ideas.
Workplace and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.