Our mission is to be the definitive food company. We are transforming the way the world eats by making food more convenient and accessible. We give people the opportunity to eat what they want, when and where they want it.
Our journey began with our founder Will, arriving in London and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite living in one of the world’s best cities for food. In 2013 he got on his bike and founded Deliveroo.
Fast forward to today and Deliveroo can be found in 12 markets, with over 100,000 riders delivering orders from over 140,000 restaurants and stores serving millions of customers in hundreds of cities worldwide.
Delivering great food from restaurants is how we started, but isn’t our only offering. We pioneered the delivery-only kitchen model, Deliveroo Editions, where we use data to identify gaps in the market and bring new brands and cuisines to new areas, giving people more choice in their local neighbourhood. And using our network and technology we provide a growing on-demand grocery service, which has not only brought incredible levels of convenience to our customers but has been a lifeline to so many during COVID.
We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces, and we do this in real-time. Millions of customers and thousands of restaurants and riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds, and the algorithms behind our marketplace are the secret sauce that allow us to deliver our orders in under 30 minutes.
There are so many questions we are working on and plenty more we haven’t even encountered. How do we give low income families access to affordable healthy meals? How do we tackle waste? How can we scale our network to tens of millions of orders a day? What does a future layout of a restaurant look like? How do data and technology help restaurants to grow as consumer habits change? How can we take what we know about a customer and offer a personalised selection?
At Deliveroo these are just some of the tough problems we are solving - and there is no challenge that cannot be yours. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth and personal impact is enormous. We are still a small team, making a very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, value autonomy and ownership, and we are always looking for new ideas.
The size of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. Only 3% of the global food market is online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of other industries, such as from travel (45%) and retail (10%), and it is clear we are at the very beginning of our journey. Despite being one of the world’s fastest growing multi-billion dollar companies, we’re only just getting started.
We hope you’re as excited about the scale of the opportunity as we are and, if you share our ambition, that you’ll join us and be part of this incredible story.
As Global Demand Generation Manager, you will explore new ways and lead efforts to improve the way we acquire new restaurant partners who want to transform their businesses with solutions offered by Deliveroo.
Reporting directly to the Global Head of Sales Process & Enablement, you will implement key projects and roll out sales processes globally to establish an automated, scalable, high quality database of leads and opportunities critical to the sales organisation. You will craft and execute sales campaigns with regional commercial directors to drive lead generation, leads management and restaurant acquisition via inbound and outbound channels. You will work with local teams to forecast sales pipelines, develop plans, track growth and report results.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Central Lead generation, planning and management
- Work with Head[s] of Data Science, Marketing, Sales, Finance and Commercial to ensure all of Deliveroo’s markets have a constant supply of high quality leads to meet commercial targets;
- Set up, drive, optimise and monitor sales campaigns against goals and KPIs. Report back on performance of all outbound and inbound campaigns;
- Explore, grow and drive demand through new lead generation channels (i.e. referral programs, data purchasing);
- Collaborate with data science and information systems teams to optimise analytical frameworks, processes and internal tools (i.e. data prioritisation and segmentation);
- Work with sales enablement teams to ensure new process and tools are rolled out and communicated thoroughly;
- Identify new data suppliers and manage vendor relationships, conduct negotiations (e.g. proposals, terms and contract, financial forecast);
- Responsible for Global Outbound Leads sign up target and conversion KPI targets;
- Produces reports and recommendations concerning sales strategies for senior management;
- Trains Sales representatives and teams around best practice Lead Management and Lead Assignment Processes;
- Lead discussions with local teams on their strategic goals and requirements in order to devise outbound/inbound lead strategies;
- Compiles and analyses sales figures and data around sales conversions against targets, prepares proposals for marketing outbound campaigns;
- Self-starter and pro-active – You have a bias towards action and are able to thrive in a fast-paced, constantly changing work environment
- Naturally curious – You always look for ways to innovate and improve
- Entrepreneurial – You crave responsibility and want to shape the vision and direction of the company
- Data driven, analytical and forward thinking — You are passionate about solving difficult business problems and telling the story behind the numbers
- Relationship-builder – You are an excellent communicator and can influence and motivate people at all levels across a variety of job functions
- 3+ years work experience within an analytical or commercial environment. Experience in working with sales teams in high growth start-ups is a plus.
- Highly skilled and experienced in analyzing and building reports, dashboards on Salesforce
- Experience in working with data visualisation platforms like Looker and Tableau required
- Strong business acumen and results oriented
- Strong project management skills, experience managing relationships with external vendors and international projects.
- Good communicator and relationship-builder, with the ability to manage cross-functional stakeholders and influence the direction and focus of projects outside of your immediate reporting structure