Commercial Finance Senior Associate
The Finance Business Partnering team (also known as Finance and Strategy) enables execution of business strategy as trusted partners to country and functional teams on strategic & financial matters. We aim to build long term company value, and we achieve this by influencing company strategy, facilitating world-class execution, understanding and sharing the drivers of our business, delivering financial results, all while managing risks and capitalising on opportunities. We also provide support to our new business initiatives and this particular role is a great opportunity to help incubate one of the most innovative plays in the company and in the Food Industry.
Plan and provide reporting on the financial performance of our Cloud Kitchens also known as Editions. You will work with business stakeholders to forecast/ plan for the growth and profitability of existing and new sites, drive monthly reporting on performance and provide financial control and oversight of the operations through spend approval processes. This role is perfect for someone who enjoys building and setting up the financial capabilities for a new business unit and who can closely work with a wide range of stakeholders from stie operators to senior management.
The job will involve:
- Planning: You will be key in steering how we build this business unit by working with the teams to build annual and quarterly financial plans at a site, country and business unit level. The role is global in scope and also includes expansion planning.
- Reporting: You will provide the monthly reporting on the financial performance of the Editions sites and ad-hoc reporting on the performance of specific initiatives.
- Financial control: You will provide oversight on spend as a key member of the financial approval processes.
- Business partnering: You will be the go-to-person on anything Finance related for Editions interfacing with the Editions teams at all levels, the leadership team and the broader Deliveroo team on anything Editions Finance related.
- 3+ yrs of data analysis in a commercial finance or financial reporting role (incl. FP&A)
- Advanced Excel skills (SQL is a plus)
- Complex financial modelling experience
- Experience business partnering with factories or heavily operational businesses
- Clear communicator, with experience influencing senior stakeholders
- Accounting qualification (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) desirable
Why Deliveroo? When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We’re a technology driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world, so come and join us for the ride.
Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.