At Deliveroo, it is our mission to build the definitive food company. In order to do that, we’re building a company where everyone can belong, grow and do the best work of their lives.
The Procurement Associate manages the procurement, storage and distribution of big-ticket rider kit items including delivery boxes and Kit. They also assist in forecasting quantities, and will lead the stock management and reconciliation efforts for all inventory items. They will work with local shipping facilitators and warehouses as well as regional teams.
What you’ll be doing:
- Working closely with aggregator and local suppliers to procure the correct gear and equipment for our riders;
- Sourcing rider gear, equipment and vehicles from multiple sources at competitive prices;
- Ensuring that the inventory supports onboarding and existing rider requirements incl. warehouse management and regular stock counts;
- Collaborating with the Onboarding team to distribute kit and replacements to riders with clear and accountable records;
- Managing relevant licenses and permits and/or leasing contracts for cars and bikes used by the rider fleet;
- Acting as the point of contact for riders for all things kit-related;
- Working with Finance Senior Associate to raise purchase orders for gear and equipment in a timely manner and budgetary report preparation.
- Numerate degree from a good university;
- 2-3 years of experience working with company procurement, stock management and reporting;
- Proficiency in English and fluent (written and spoken) Arabic speaker;
- Strong communication skills - empathy with riders, professionalism and assertiveness with suppliers;
- Demonstrated aptitude with Excel/Google Sheets with an eye for detail;
- Exceptional organisational management skills;
- Robust negotiation skills and proactive attitude to source the best suppliers for the riders and business.
When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We’re a technology driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world, so come and join us for the ride.
Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.