The Head of Technology Recruitment supports the growth and development of Europe’s fastest growing and most exciting tech scale-ups. Deliveroo tech solves some of the world’s most interesting and toughest engineering and scale problems, building systems that automatically manage a complex, three-sided marketplace (of consumers, riders, restaurants and stores) that serve millions of customers across 12 different countries.
Reporting to the Global Director of Recruitment, you’ll lead tech recruitment for Deliveroo globally: developing the strategy and executing the roadmap across delivery, operations, brand and attraction across engineering, product, design and data science. You’ll lead a team of (currently) 25 managers, recruiters and sourcers that is set to grow significantly ahead of ambitious growth plans across multiple locations - both physical (our London HQ) and remote (the rest of the UK, Poland, Spain and other locations as we build a remote hub).
Not many roles have as much potential for impact on Deliveroo’s growth and success as recruitment. As one of the world’s fastest growing companies on the road to an IPO, we have a unique opportunity to create and tell one of the most compelling recruitment and talent stories yet, with Deliveroo’s Head of Technology Recruitment playing a key role in it.
What you’ll be doing
- Lead a team of high performers. Hire, lead and develop a world-class team to support full-cycle recruiting. Develop and set clear goals, and ensure accountability and ownership.
- Develop strategy and drive execution. Partner with tech, finance and people leadership to plan and develop a short and long term talent acquisition strategy, and execute on hiring goals.
- Plan. Leverage data to drive planning and forecasting, ensuring we are resourced to support the business’ goals.
- Scale. Design, implement, launch and iterate on processes, programs and tools across interviewing, assessment, referrals, sourcing and automation in order create an outstanding hiring experience that’s efficient and runs at scale.
- Measure. Deploy forecasting, reporting and analytical rigor to track key recruiting and sourcing metrics and measure progress, sharing insights and influencing the broader people and talent roadmap. Use experience, external data and internal data to benchmark our practices and identify trends, weaknesses and opportunities. Act on proposals.
- Tell the Deliveroo tech story. Establish Deliveroo as a tech employer of choice by building a joined-up talent attraction strategy, both in our home HQ location and beyond, leveraging community-building, events, our leadership and social media.
- Celebrate difference. Ensure Deliveroo’s diversity and inclusion values and goals are embedded throughout the talent acquisition strategy.
- Build a high-performance hiring culture. Champion and role-model Deliveroo’s values, and drive a positive and progressive hiring culture throughout the company that achieves and maintains a high bar for talent, and is renowned for an outstanding hiring experience.
- Extensive experience leading large internal tech recruitment teams that have supported significant headcount growth in a fast-paced, tech-led environment.
- Significant experience in technology recruitment across all disciplines, developing and building sourcing strategies, processes and programs that support hiring exceptionally strong talent in a highly competitive market.
- Extensive people management experience, including significant experience managing managers as a strong player/coach.
- Track record of leveraging and leading with data; experience translating data and analytics to develop insights, drive decisions and measure impact.
- A proven ability to design, communicate and iterate on recruitment processes and programs, and instrument ways of measuring and tracking performance.
- Excellent interpersonal and stakeholder management skills, with the ability to build relationships and influence across all levels, including the most senior.
- Exceptionally strong written and oral communication skills, with an eye for detail and a passion for presenting data and complex information in simplified, clear, compelling ways for multiple audiences.
Preferred, but not required:
- Experience developing and executing recruitment strategies across multiple countries.
You will be a great fit if you are:
- A deeply curious and avid learner, constantly looking for ways to improve and creatively solve problems - both the big strategic things, as well as the smaller quick wins.
- A highly strategic operator, an excellent people manager and someone who has a demonstrably successful leadership track record and trajectory in fast-paced companies.
- Driven by seeing the achievements and progression of others you support and partner with.
- Can switch between a high level strategic mindset and detailed execution orientation seamlessly.
- Excited to help build something amazing and share it with the world.