The UKI Marketing Team is responsible for all marketing activity across the full marketing mix for UKI, from large scale integrated campaigns including national television to promotions to local door drops. We work closely with our agency partners, commercial, product and central marketing teams, as well as our restaurant and grocery partners, to drive growth through new customer acquisition and retention, and drive our brand awareness and consideration up and down the country
We’re looking for a Director of Restaurant Marketing to lead and step change marketing with both our local and biggest restaurant partners. You’ll own the strategy that defines which partners pull which levers for us, and how to leverage them. You’ll be responsible for both effectively showcasing our priority restaurant partners in our own marketing, and work in partnership with them to maximise awareness of Deliveroo where relevant in theirs. The role will work closely and collaboratively with some of the UK’s best loved restaurant brands to create strategically informed joint marketing plans across all channels from ATL and influencers to targeted comms and point of sale. The role will lead 3x direct reports to manage day to day relationships, and lead/execute and report on these flawlessly.
What you’ll be doing
- Build and Grow brilliant partnerships: Work closely with our commercial teams to build and grow relationships with some of our largest restaurant partners, driving collaborative win:win activity. This will include launching big national brands onto our platform, as well as building existing partnerships, including providing marketing inputs into key new contracts and contract renegotiations.
- Joint marketing business plans - lead the relationship with our priority restaurants and QSRs to leverage them for growth, building joint annual marketing plans and JBPs. This includes involvement in national brand and promotional campaigns, restaurant specific activity, site-specific targeted support etc. Plans must be both brand-driven and tactical sales driving to provide partners with holistic marketing plans that measurably and sustainably drive transactions.
- Identify and manage commercial marketing opportunities with key partners to co-invest in Deliveroo and partner marketing activity to drive new customers and order volume to Deliveroo in the most effective way.
- Develop and manage the overall Restaurant Marketing plan, identifying the role of key partners and how and when they feature as part of the overall UKI Marketing Plan, ensuring we deliver against partner needs and drive growth for Deliveroo.
- Drive a step change in insight-led strategy: Lead the way on building insight around restaurants, telling stories with data and building strategy based on this. Create a ruleset around what, and how we share with our partners.
- Cross-functional collaboration - work closely with growth product, performance marketing, CRM, PR & partnerships to co-develop initiatives and activity that best leverage selection and drive engagement with customers.
- Measure, Test & Learn - define & measure the relevant restaurant marketing KPIs. Utilise data-driven decision making to improve the performance of our marketing efforts.
- Coach and manage a team: Lead and develop 2x Senior Marketing Managers and 1x Marketing Manager to lead restaurant relationships and execute day to day plans.
- 10+ years marketing or agency experience in marketing, working across a breadth of marketing fields.
- Experience in restaurant or partner marketing is preferred but not essential.
- Skilled at relationship management, with experience in managing extended groups of demanding stakeholders and a practiced negotiator.
- Detail oriented executor. You're skilled at planning, organising, prioritising and executing simultaneous projects and activities at once. You can prioritise high impact activities and keep complicated projects moving forward.
- A self-starter attitude that’s comfortable with constant change and enjoys working in a fast-paced environment.
- Proven track record in making things happen - delivering results quickly and efficiently.
- A creative problem solver who can think things through analytically.
- A proactive, can-do attitude, full of great ideas and able to get stuff done autonomously.
- Great communication skills with a passion for building strong relationships.
Why Deliveroo? When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We’re a technology driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world, so come and join us for the ride.
Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.