Global Operations Excellence Manager
When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London over 6 years ago and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. Fast forward 6 years and we operate in 13 countries with over 50,000 riders who deliver orders from 50,000 restaurants in over 200 cities worldwide.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines and restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, and giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want it.
We work with riders, restaurants and consumers. We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces in the world and we do this in real time. Millions of customers and thousands of restaurants and riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allow us to deliver our orders in under 30 minutes.
And we’re just getting started
The scale of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. The global food market is valued at £7.7 trillion but only 1% of it is currently online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of countless other industries - from banking and travel to retail and communications - it’s clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun.
We are already a multi-billion dollar company that is more than doubling in size every year. Deliveroo came top in the FT’s’ list of Europe’s fastest growing 1000 companies in 2018, and we were the first company ever to win Deloitte’s ‘UK Top 50’ two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of us.
As the Global Operations Excellence Manager, you will be obsessed with challenging our existing operational processes - from rider onboarding and rider support to how we distribute kit to our riders- and driving improvement and standardisation to these. You will also be defining and executing our global operational strategy for rider onboarding, rider support and rider kit.
- Rider Onboarding
- Deliver an onboarding strategy that maximizes applicants through our pipeline as fast as possible
- Work with local markets to make trade-off between standardisation of onboarding funnel and customization to fit local requirements
- Work closely with Tech teams on roadmap prioritization and feature definition
- Define the metrics for success along the onboarding funnel, how we should measure these and how to drive improvement
- Rider Support
- Define our rider support strategy including the channels of communication and the service level requirements
- Define the metrics of success, how we measure these and how to drive improvement
- Identify areas for improvement and seek ways to drive down rider contacts
- Ensure local teams have the right level of resources, the right tools and processes, the right content and the right level of training
- Rider Kit
- Develop our rider kit buying and planning function to ensure we tie merchandising and promotional plans with buying decisions
- Provide support in building and executing our rider kit strategy including product design, product pricing, promotional and procurement strategy
- Reports to Head of Global Operations Development
- Team of 3-5
- Adaptable with a “can-do attitude” - is positive and proactive, and energised by working in a fast-paced environment characterised by constant change
- A coach who genuinely cares – is able to build a team and will invest heavily in their development
- Analytical and able to quickly prioritise - is able to quickly identify opportunities, issues, inefficiencies and how big these might be
- Obsessive about improvement - Has a passion for incremental optimisation/continuous improvement and comes up with both “hacky” and more “gold-plated” improvements
- Strategic, yet pragmatic – is able to ‘think big’, yet also pragmatically to ensure changes are ambitious but achievable
- An effective communicator - has great interpersonal skills and the ability to quickly gain the trust and respect of others and to get their buy-in/sign-off
- Logical, structured and data-driven - is able to use logic and data to prioritise and drive change
- Project Management – can manage multiple projects in a logical, structured and disciplined way
- Experience in program management, process design and optimization is a strong plus
- 5+ years of relevant professional experience
- Proficient in Excel and PowerPoint/Google Slides