Deliveroo is on a mission to transform the way the world thinks about food delivery. It’s not a chicken chow mein and a night on the sofa anymore, it’s your favourite local restaurant, it’s a dinner party, a date.
We’re five years in, and along the way our team have taken hundreds of ideas from brainstorms to global rollouts, like Deliveroo Editions bespoke kitchens designed to host a locally curated selection of restaurants.
And that’s just what we’re like at Deliveroo, no compromise allowed and lots of food inspired challenges to get your teeth into. Out of the box thinking is actively encouraged and we move quickly to make great ideas happen. We’re energetic, fast-paced and blow off steam with free for all Friday lunches.
It’s a formula that’s working too we’re bringing great food to customers in 12 countries and over 200 cities.
The Corporate Insurance Manager, reporting to the Global Insurance Manager (GIM), will be responsible for the day to day management of the corporate insurance programme ensuring Deliveroo’s assets and liabilities are appropriately protected. This will include management of the renewal process, sourcing of new insurance or alternative market solutions as and when required. You will also assist in the management and development of the effective risk transfer solutions that meets both global and local business needs of Deliveroo, the rider community and other partners. You will be the subject matter expert for Insurance throughout Deliveroo and a valued commercial partner to the business.
- Working with business colleagues and with Intermediaries, Brokers, Advisors and Insurance Suppliers to gather and review renewal information for corporate programme.
- Lead the Global Property, Liability and Financial Lines renewal process to ensure that the programmes are cost effective and that the scope of cover is appropriate for Deliveroo’s business activities, requirements, risk profile and appetite
- Make recommendations and give advice to the business on insurance cover requirements, wordings, products and premium costs.
- Identify changes in exposure, either at renewal or mid-term, and ensure that the insurance cover is up to date and that necessary declarations and disclosures meet agreed processes and the requirements of the Insurance Act
- Assist the GIM to manage the insurance cost budget and ensure that programmes are compliant, that premiums are allocated and paid in accordance with the financial management processes and within prescribed timeframes
- Give advice in the negotiation of contractual insurance obligations placed upon or by Deliveroo and ensure that the appropriate insurance is arranged to protect appropriately, checking documented cover as required
- Manage all claims processes to ensure that all applicable incidents are identified and reported to insurers and that all necessary information is provided to support the insurers efficient handling of claims.
- Identify areas for improved risk management practices, particularly in relation to Deliveroo’s property, its people and its exposures to third parties, making recommendations to the GIM and business for improvement
- Work with the business and the GIM to support the identification and development of policies and procedures that ensure that risks are managed effectively from an insurance viewpoint
- Understand and evaluate all relevant risk and insurance legislation to ensure that Deliveroo is compliant and processes are aligned to meet requirements
- Promote and maintain a risk management culture in order to minimise Deliveroo’s cost of risk
- Ensure that all stakeholders, both centrally and locally, understand the extent of insurance coverage and the extent of insurable risk that is absorbed and retained
- Direct previous responsibility for insurance policies and regulatory frameworks
- Knowledge of insurance policy contracts and wordings and insurance law
- ACII professional qualification preferred, but not essential
- Good working knowledge of MS Office applications and Excel in particular
- Social media applications, consumer and operational Apps and ability to adapt to new IT and technology platforms and acquire an understanding of the logic behind them
- Membership of Airmic and/or the IRM and other relevant professional qualifications are also advantageous
- Work at our new headquarters right by Cannon Street Station. The office has a prayer room, nap room, onsite gym, and a rooftop garden overlooking Tower Bridge. We hold firmwide meetings on our basketball court
- Flexible working, including parent friendly working hours, flexible hours, working from home days - all made easy by our great use of tech including video conferencing, slack, workplace
- Maternity/paternity leave and shared parental leave
- An internationally diverse, sociable, dynamic team to work alongside
- Conferences (attending and/or speaking) and learning resources
- Company benefits including: discounted private healthcare and a pension plan with employer contributions, childcare voucher scheme, cycle to work scheme, charitable giving, subsidised gym membership, cycle parking)
- Company wide tech talks with internal and external speakers, and a calendar of tech meetups hosted on the premises
- Regular team off-sites
- Access to Deliveroo Plus (no delivery fee on all orders)
- Every Friday we order lunch for everyone from restaurants on the Deliveroo platform
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start ups around.