When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London over 5 years ago and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. Fast forward 5 years and we operate in 13 countries with over 50,000 riders who deliver orders from 50,000 restaurants in over 200 cities worldwide.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines and restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, and giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want it.
We work with riders, restaurants and consumers. We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces in the world and we do this in real time. Millions of customers and thousands of restaurants and riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allow us to deliver our orders in under 30 minutes.
And we’re just getting started
The scale of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. The global food market is valued at £7.7 trillion but only 1% of it is currently online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of countless other industries - from banking and travel to retail and communications - it’s clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun.
We are already a multi-billion dollar company that is more than doubling in size every year. Deliveroo came top in the FT’s’ list of Europe’s fastest growing 1000 companies in 2018, and we were the first company ever to win Deloitte’s ‘UK Top 50’ two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of us.
The Rider Support Team is the riders’ primary point of contact for any questions they may have. We are in charge of providing 360 degree assistance to queries and guarantee the best possible riding experience with Deliveroo.
Rider Support Representatives have the ability to diagnose problems and efficiently execute processes. They are computer literate, quick to pick-up new software and comfortable solving problems with data backed solutions. Most importantly, they have a desire to get it done and understand the necessity of getting their hands dirty with execution.
We are looking for ambitious, energetic, target-driven individuals to join our Operations Department and help keep our hard-working riders happy and motivated. This is the perfect opportunity to take your first steps in an exciting, fast-growing business and develop your operational abilities.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Answering rider queries by email and phone
- Keeping riders happy by providing excellent customer service
- Working with the Strategy and Supply teams to optimise services levels
- Identifying and understanding key issues based on rider feedback and then filtering this to relevant stakeholders for action
- Assist the rider payments team with rider administration, adjustments and data entry
- Working with the Rider Support Lead and Rider Support Manager to continuously better our processes
- Keeping up to date with any changes or new policies and communicating these to the riders when necessary
- A whole host of other ad hoc tasks!
The right candidate will be hungry, ambitious and motivated to work within a fast moving environment.
- Be a clear and confident communicator by email
- The ability to employ the appropriate tone in any situation
- A good level of IT competence
- Proficiency in English
- Self-motivated and eager to learn
- Has a real get up and go attitude
- A strong history in administrative work or a similar skill set is a plus
- Become one of the key employees of a fast-growing, exciting startup changing the food delivery landscape
- Open, respectful and fun company culture
- BIG Friday lunches – Deliveroo'd to the office of course!
- Weekly Exercise class to counteract all the amazing food!
- Have a real impact on the company’s growth and evolution
- Work with people who love what they do every day
Life at Deliveroo
We are a growing team, with very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, we’re always looking for new ideas and we’re very transparent about the decisions we make and why we make them.
There are so many questions we need to answer and plenty more we haven’t even encountered. How do data and technology help restaurants to grow as consumer habits change? How can we predict what someone wants to order for dinner long before the idea has even crossed their mind? At Deliveroo these are just some of the tough problems we are solving - and there is no challenge that cannot be yours. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth and personal impact is enormous.