Changing the way the world thinks about food delivery is what we’re all about. That’s why we love bringing amazing restaurant food to people like you – whether it’s juicy burgers, fiery curries or fresh poké bowls.
It’s been been a whirlwind of a journey since our launch in 2013 – we’re now in 12 countries and over 200 cities, with stylish headquarters based in the heart of London.
As a food obsessed, friendly bunch, we enjoy brainstorming ideas to solve business challenges – and we’re not afraid of making great ones happen fast.
Deliveroo is looking for a highly motivated and positive individual with deep experience in managing and growing contact centers. The Global Head of Partner Operations reports directly to the Head of Customer Care.
This position is responsible to drive performance by holding our global partners accountable and working with other areas of the business to achieve a desired customer experience. Primary responsibility includes the management of contact channel (voice, chat, ticket, social and email) functions handled by outsource partners for Deliveroo while ensuring an efficient and cost effective operation that offers a high level of customer experience in a 24/7 environment.
Key relationships are with the Outsourcing Partner and the Customer Care support teams (Workforce and Analytics, Learning & Development). This is inclusive of partnering with the reporting team to manage the daily operation; be proactive with others to develop and implement innovations and enhancements to existing processes and procedures; and solidifying effective customer experience and relationships with the outsourcers.
Strategic Planning– Participate in Strategic and Operational Planning and execute on these plans to achieve and enhance profitability, productivity, customer satisfaction and efficiency throughout contact center operations. Collaborate to ensure that contact center operational goals / priorities are aligned with all functions:
- Resource Planning & Management
- Learning, Development & Performance
- IT and Telecom
- Finance / KPI’s
Outsource Partner Management - Direct, develop, oversee and assess total job performance of the outsource partners. This includes but is not limited to, developing specific outsource location action plans, meetings, proactive communications and support to ensure their effective delivery of all KPI’s outlined in the Statement of Work and report evaluation for performance trends through scorecards and continuous improvement.
Learning & Development Support – Collaborate with the L&D team and actively participate in calibration sessions, listening to calls to validate/align QA scoring with outsource partner to aid in the consistent delivery of outstanding customer experiences by identifying trends and training opportunities.
Analysis and Reporting - Create and manage statistical reports as well as process improvements that can meet and exceed customer experience and revenue targets. Be an active leader and/or participant on system/process projects. Proactively analyze, develop and utilize tools to achieve overall department success.
Financial – Achieve operational goals within budget by managing and controlling all variable and fixed expenses through the utilization of effective tools/methods that enhance the outsourcer’s performance. Goals can include revenue targets, first call resolution/transfers, adherence, customer focus, variable costs per contact (call/chat/social/email). Additional financial responsibilities include managing / processing partner invoicing and payment.
Deliveroo Partner Engagement – Ensure all partners/clients receive equal service and satisfaction through professional and supportive interactions and effective resolution of escalated issues. This includes the resolution of customer issues within a timely manner. Manage all companywide visits to the outsource partner locations ensuring proactive communication and quality service is provided.
- Minimum 7+ years in a Senior leadership role with over 1MM annual contacts leveraging multiple communication channels (phone, chat, social, email, etc)
- Prior Operations / Call Center Management experience is required
- Previous experience in the travel / hospitality industry considered an asset
- Project Management / Six Sigma experience considered an asset
- Demonstrated people management skills which have successfully motivated and enhance personal performance and development
- Highly developed communication with a demonstrated ability to work in a dynamic, continual evolving environment
- Hands on experience with contact center workflow, phone queue management.
- Knowledgeable on contact center technology such as IVR and Live Chat
- Solid knowledge of business/operational practices and procedures
- Solid analytical skills which result in sound decisions, solutions and recommendations
- Must possess excellent customer service, follow up and organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to operate successfully in a time-sensitive and fast-paced environment
- Stay abreast of industry standards, monitors and reviews best practices, and makes changes as necessary
- Ability to leap tall buildings in a single bound
- Fantastic exposure to scaling a tech team at a unique pace
- Work at our new headquarters right by Cannon Street Station. The office has a prayer room, nap room, onsite gym, and a rooftop garden overlooking Tower Bridge. We hold firmwide meetings on our basketball court
- Flexible working, including parent friendly working hours, flexible hours, working from home days - all made easy by our great use of tech including video conferencing, slack, workplace
- Maternity/paternity leave and shared parental leave
- An internationally diverse, sociable, dynamic team to work alongside
- Conferences (attending and/or speaking) and learning resources
- Company benefits including: discounted private healthcare and a pension plan with employer contributions, cycle to work scheme, charitable giving, subsidised gym membership, cycle parking)
- Company wide tech talks with internal and external speakers, and a calendar of tech meetups hosted on the premises
- Regular team off-sites
- Access to Deliveroo Plus (no delivery fee on all orders)
- Every Friday we order lunch for everyone from restaurants on the Deliveroo platform
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-ups around.