This is Adyen
Adyen is the payments platform of choice for the world's leading companies, delivering frictionless payments across online, mobile, and in-store channels. Our team members are motivated individuals from different cultures that help each other do remarkable things every day and across time zones. We face unique technical challenges at scale and we solve those as a team. And together, we deliver innovative and ethical solutions that transform the way the world pays.
We took an unobvious approach to starting a payments company, building a platform from scratch. Now, Adyen serves the world's brightest companies like Ebay, Etsy, Uber, Netflix, GoFundMe and Spotify.
We are looking for software engineers who have high availability, resilience, and security in mind while they’re creating state-of-the-art solutions. Our engineering teams in the Chicago Tech Hub focus on designing, implementing and scaling solutions for platforms such as marketplaces, SaaS platforms, on-demand platforms, crowdfunding platforms etc.
We give platforms the ability to manage their global payments ecosystem in one place through API integrations or by using our hosted onboarding solution. They can run onboarding, verification and compliance processes for various markets, process payments and trigger faster payouts and bank transfers in all preferred currencies.
What you’ll do
- We launch fast and iterate often. Concretely, this means that within your first few weeks, you will bring code live that impacts many merchants and shoppers.
- You will be fully responsible for projects from initial design to bringing the new functionality live.
- Your code will be used at scale and you have to think in that mindset when building features.
- Identify and improve parts of the platform to make it more robust and scalable.
- Collaborate across teams and time zones to make things happen, review code and be open to feedback.
Who you are
- Familiar with complex distributed systems
- You are flexible, a team player, someone with an eye for detail.
- Able to take ownership and lead a project.
- You have great communication skills and the ability to articulate complex, technical concepts
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Demonstrated knowledge of Java, Web Services (RESTful, SOAP)
- Experienced in creating performant SQL queries and table structures in PostgreSQL or other relational databases
- Open to some domestic and international travel