This is Adyen
Adyen is the payments platform of choice for the world's leading companies, delivering frictionless payments across online, mobile, and in-store channels. Our team members are motivated individuals that help each other do remarkable things every day. We face unique technical challenges at scale and we solve those as a team. And together, we deliver innovative and ethical solutions that transform the way the world pays.
We took an unobvious approach to starting a payments company, building a platform from scratch. Now, Adyen serves the world's brightest companies like Facebook, Uber, L'Oreal, Casper, Bonobos and Spotify.
As an Account Manager at Adyen, you’ll be managing relationships with innovative international merchants, across multiple industries, and multiple channels. This position is crucial for developing the Adyen brand across the globe, finding and closing new opportunities - working with a team of experts supporting you every step of the way. Backed by the world’s top investors, managed by the world’s best motivators, and servicing the worlds most successful companies – determine your own career and expertise in the world of global payments.
What you’ll do
- Relationship Management: Establish productive, professional relationships with key personnel within each of your merchants and leverage those relationships to ensure retention and growth;
- Strategic Consultation: Proactively assess and validate customer needs on an ongoing basis. Acts as the human dimension of Adyen’s product, delivering expertise, education, and payment guidance to merchants;
- Collaboration: Work with individuals and teams across the organisation to ensure the best possible merchant experience and to develop his/herself and his/her colleagues professionally;
- Feedback: Serves as a feedback loop for the organisation, gathering merchant’s feedback, evaluating the evolution of merchant needs, and communicating these to product and management personnel;
- Commercial/Portfolio Growth: By focusing on meeting merchant needs, meets strategic and financial targets for assigned merchant accounts. Continually reevaluate his/her success through the use of strategic account plans, internal reporting, and merchant feedback.
Who you are
- Flexibility: Previous exposure to environments rich in uncertainty;
- Communication: Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to develop strong working relationships at all levels of management, both inside and outside of Adyen;
- Quantitate: Ability to calculate and determine margins, gross revenue, and interest in contract negotiations;
- A successful first experience in a client facing role, preferably in complex enterprise software, technical infrastructure or financial services;
- Experience in the payments industry from the merchant side is a definite plus;
- Language: Fluency in Italian and English is a must and speaking more languages is definitely a plus.
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion commitments
Our unobvious approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity of backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business and technical challenges are unique, we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. So no matter where you’re from, who you love, or what you believe in, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Studies show that women and members of underrepresented communities apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Does it sound like you? If so, Adyen encourages you to reconsider and apply. We look forward to your application.
Ensuring a smooth and enjoyable candidate experience is critical for us. We aim to get back to you regarding your application within 3 business days. Our interview process tends to take between 3 or 4 weeks to complete. Don’t be afraid to let us know if you need more flexibility.