This is Adyen
We took an unobvious approach to starting a payments company, building a platform from scratch. Today, we're the payments platform of choice for the world's brightest companies. Our unobvious approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity, of backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives, is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business challenges are unique, we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. So no matter where you’re from, who you love, or what you believe in, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Technical Support Engineer
You will operate as a first point of contact for Adyen’s merchants across the globe and work directly with them to help solve complex technical and operational questions. As a support engineer, you will have a direct impact on their ability to process payments, leverage the right products and grow their business. Day-to-day you will be working with multiple teams across Adyen, such as Operations, Engineering, Product, Account Management and Sales to provide white glove service and support.
Our team is merchant-focused, highly motivated, and thrives on our shared success. You will be part of an international team with diverse backgrounds and skill sets. With Adyen being a 24/7 business we operate throughout time zones using a follow the sun principle. Our extensive payments knowledge and technical skillset is our most valuable asset both to our merchants and our internal teams. This is a full time position and does require working the occasional holiday and weekend to ensure business continuity.
What you’ll do
- Be a key source of knowledge on the Adyen platform, APIs, SDKs, the underlying web-stack technologies along with industry-standard integration methods and best practices
- Spend the majority of your time troubleshooting complex merchant’s issues and communicating with them via email (and occasionally by phone)
- Be an internal product advocate, track issues and bugs, and contribute to the platform through direct feedback
- Advise merchants regarding the best implementation practices and address specific merchant concerns.
Who you are:
- You are innovative, with strong problem-solving capabilities and comfortable dealing with ambiguity
- You are aware of modern web services and APIs and have an affinity for learning new technologies
- You can make quick informed decisions and prioritize requests for both internal and external stakeholders
- You have strong communication skills and the ability to interact with users clearly and empathetically
- You resonate with our Adyen Formula - learn more here!
Want to know more? Check out the following blog posts to hear from some of the team:
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion commitments
Our unobvious approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity of backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business and technical challenges are unique, we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. So no matter where you’re from, who you love, or what you believe in, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Studies show that women and members of underrepresented communities apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Does it sound like you? If so, Adyen encourages you to reconsider and apply. We look forward to your application.
Who we are
Adyen is the payments platform of choice for many of the world’s leading companies, providing a modern end-to-end infrastructure connecting directly to Visa, Mastercard, and consumers' globally preferred payment methods. Adyen delivers frictionless payments across online, mobile, and in-store channels. With offices across the world, Adyen serves customers including Meta, Etsy, Uber, Spotify, LinkedIn and McDonalds.
Ready to meet us?
If you are excited about this role, apply by clicking the below link. We can’t wait to meet you!
Adyen is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.