The Breakdown Technician provides manual labor which supports the post-cultivation activities. This position will be responsible for breaking down the dried cannabis plant into the required formats for processing or flower sales.
Safety & Compliance:
- Be aware of hazards in the workspace
- Retain and understand department specific training
- Report safety incidents/ concerns and comply with follow-up actions
- Be compliant with area safety requirements, state regulations and PPE requirements
- Follow GMP, biosecurity, sanitation or other quality and compliance requirements
- Perform record keeping accurately and completely as directed by a lead or supervisor
- Maintain and calibrate tools, equipment and machinery as directed by a lead or supervisor
- Report and escalate safety & quality concerns
- Breakdown of plant: must be able to use hands
- Ensure efficient post-harvest processes; shucking (removal of flower), trimming, and other activities required.
- Able and willing to meet daily production metrics.
- Maintains quality standards.
- Organizes and maintain a clean and organized work environment.
- Participates in the room set-up and break-down ad contributes to the any clean-up process of area and equipment.
- Follow department specific work instructions and SOP’s
- The ability to recognize different strains, requirements associated with the strain, growth patterns and identify anomalies within the plants
Teamwork (makes the dream work):
- Participate in daily communication meetings
- Elevate issues to a lead, direct manager, and HR as appropriate
- Create a positive working environment
- Escalate areas of process improvement
- Perform any additional tasks assigned by a manager or lead
- Minimum of a high school diploma or GED; associates degree or certifications preferred
- Effective time-management skills and ability to multi-task
- Ability to work well with others while also completing individually assigned tasks
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing and challenging environment
- Must be able to comply with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) requirements
- The position requires a strong attention to detail, effective time-management skills and ability to work in a highly regulated environment.
- Must pass any and all required background checks
- Must be and remain compliant with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age
- Must be approved by state badging agency to work in cannabis industry
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to perform reaching, grasping, bending, stooping, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions.
- Must be able to sit and/or stand for extended periods of time while maintaining focus.
- PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Must be able to lift, carry, and balance up to 50 pounds AND must be able to do so with extreme care and caution when working with product.