The Nursery Technician is responsible for the overall maintenance of the vegetation cycle of all sustainable plants within the facility.
Safety & Compliance:
- Be aware of hazards in the workspace
- Retain and understand department specific training
- Report safety incidents/ concerns and comply with follow-up actions
- Be compliant with area safety requirements, state regulations and PPE requirements
- Follow GMP, biosecurity, sanitation or other quality and compliance requirements
- Perform record keeping accurately and completely as directed by a lead or supervisor
- Maintain and calibrate tools, equipment and machinery as directed by a lead or supervisor
- Report and escalate safety & quality concerns
- Caring for plant in vegetative state in either the mom, clone or veg room
- Tasks may include transplanting, cutting clones, watering, trimming, bottoming, topping, etc.…
- Depending on Cultivation needs you may need to participate In all aspects of plant maintenance.
- Reporting any issues to management to ensure a timely fix
- The ability to be cross trained to work in the Mom, Clone and Veg rooms.
- Responsible for inputs into the seed to sale system and other inventory management systems
- Use your hands and hand tools to perform plant maintenance activities including defoliation, pruning, skirting and other activities as required
- Meet production goals and maintain a high level of performance
- Maintain open communication with management team and co-workers
- Follow all SOPs, verbal directives, training information and policies when performing duties
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor and/or Team Lead
- Follow department specific work instructions and SOP’s
- The ability to recognize different strains, requirements associated with the strain, growth patterns and identify anomalies within the plants
Teamwork (makes the dream work):
- Participate in daily communication meetings
- Elevate issues to a lead, direct manager, and HR as appropriate
- Create a positive working environment
- Escalate areas of process improvement
- Perform any additional tasks assigned by a manager or lead
- Minimum of a high school diploma or GED; associates degree or certifications preferred
- Effective time-management skills and ability to multi-task
- Ability to work well with others while also completing individually assigned tasks
- Ability to stand, sit, kneel, and lift equipment or plants up to 50 lbs. for extended periods
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing and challenging environment
- Must be able to comply with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) requirements
- Must be able to work in an environment that is 85+ degrees and 70% humidity for extended periods
- Must be able to work at heights
- Must pass all required background checks and approval by state badging agency to work in the cannabis industry
- Must be and remain compliant with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
- Must possess valid driver’s license
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to perform reaching, grasping, bending, stooping, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions.
- Must be able to sit and/or stand for extended periods of time while maintaining focus.
- Must be able to lift, carry, and balance up to 50 pounds AND must be able to do so with extreme care and caution when working with product.