The Senior Regional Marketing Manager, MA/RI/CT, is a new position in GTI responsible for developing, managing, and executing the MA/RI/CT region’s trade and retail marketing programming to accelerate our growth in the market. GTI’s sales and retail footprint has rapidly grown and reached a scale which requires additional focus on key local brand building and revenue driving activities. The Senior Regional Marketing Manager will serve as a key conduit between the MA/RI/CT region and the central Trade Marketing team, with close collaboration with Brand Marketing, Wholesale Sales, Retail Marketing, and Retail Operations to translate brand and market objectives into tactical programs that can be executed in each market.
The Senior Regional Marketing Manager, MA/RI/CT, will report directly into the Commercial General Manager with significant visibility to the Revenue, Marketing, and Sales executive teams. This position requires an analytically oriented business problem solver, brand builder and people leader with the intellectual flexibility to support a rapidly growing business. The leader must work with cross-functional partners across Sales, Marketing, and Retail to capture near term opportunities while building the infrastructure that will enable to the organization to execute best-in-class programming and achieve long term aspirations.
- Build and manage a team of local trade and retail marketing professionals to lead:
- Development of regional marketing priorities, strategies, and solutions
- Management and coordination of local program calendar inclusive of all marketing programs and activities within the market that align to broader national calendar
- Execution of programs including adaptation of local physical and experiential assets for Green Thumb’s portfolio of brands across retail and wholesale channels, including:
- Point of Sale assets
- Value-Added programs
- Localized digital/social media assets
- Experiential campaigns (e.g., in store brand education, large-scale consumer event activations)
- Trade Education activations and campaigns (e.g. external dispensary pop-ups, Budtender education programs, etc.)
- Patient outreach
- Management of owned local social media platforms and assets
- Coordination of local digital programming calendar, including prioritization of opportunities, planning and local adaption of assets, trade activation plans, and executional oversight
- Ownership of local marketing budgets including tracking spend and measuring return on investment
- Management and recruitment of agency resources, where needed, to support the activation needs of the brand and local market teams
- Monitor and understand local competitive environment, particularly related to promotional activities, to ensure that GTI’s local strategies and tactics are market-leading and effective
- Develop and improve processes to streamline marketing program development across the central trade marketing team as well as broader CPG marketing, sales, and retail organizations
- Coach and lead team to ensure delivery of responsibilities and personal development, including:
- Assist in determining scope of current and future local marketing roles based on local needs and regulatory nuances
- Lead recruiting efforts for all new and open local marketing roles
- Build development plans for local marketing team members and provide support and coaching to continue development of all team members
- Become the expert in understanding Massachusetts, Connecticut, and Rhode Island state regulations to inform marketing program opportunities and approach, and ensure program and employee compliance with all Green Thumb-based state guidelines
- A high integrity leader who understands that working in the Cannabis industry comes with greater scrutiny and therefore requires a higher level of compliance with the rules, regulations, policies, and procedures of Green Thumb
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA preferred
- 7+ years’ experience in a related field marketing role or broader marketing, brand, or commercial sales roles
- Track record of managing and developing a team of marketing professionals
- A thorough understanding of consumer and trade marketing strategies and experience developing and adapting programs to fit local needs
- Ability to think strategically and connect high-level strategic objectives to tactical program needs and development
- Knowledge of local on- and off-premise cannabis market, including local laws and statutes.
- Strong budget management skills with previous budget management and oversight experience.
- Ability to gain and maintain an in-depth understanding of target consumer and market trends
- Compliance with all standard safety requirements and guidelines.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint etc.)
- Strong communication skills – written and verbal.
- Highly motivated, self-directed, innovative and able to work independently or among teams with keen judgement, common sense, and resourcefulness.
- Adapts and thrives in a demanding, fast-paced environment.
- Possesses a high level of critical thinking.
- Operates with a high level of professionalism and integrity, including dealing with confidential information.
- Strong organization planning & project management skills
- Must understand and comply with the rules, regulations, policies, and procedures of Green Thumb.
- Ability to travel out of market overnight multiple times throughout the year, up to 30%
- Must pass any and all required background checks
- Must be and remain compliant with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
- Must possess valid driver’s license
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age
- Must be approved by state badging agency to work in cannabis industry
As an employer of more than 100 employees, Green Thumb will be operating in accordance with the Biden Administration’s Path Out of the Pandemic should the mandate take effect.