Senior Frontend Developer
DEPT® is looking for a Senior Frontend Developer to join our Manchester team and successfully transform our clients’ dream designs into well-functioning platforms.
As a Senior Frontend Developer, you will work on a variety of global digital projects for high profile B2B and B2C brands. You will build mobile-first, cross-browser compatible, high-performing websites. You will always be on the lookout for better tools and techniques to introduce into the workplace.
You will work in a vibrant environment with clever minds that work for a variety of large global clients. At DEPT®, we’re eager to hire the most talented experts in the game; people who continuously strive to improve their craft, are eager to learn, who want to inspire others, and strive for a better world.
- Have strong skills in HTML/CSS/JS
- Have experience in testing methodologies and supporting frameworks e.g. TDD, Jest
- Have experience of building with a headless (Strapi, Contentful) CMS and also non headless (Optimizely, Umbraco)
- Has understanding of web fundamentals such as performance, semantics and web accessibility
- Have experience working with REST and GraphQL APIs
- Have attention to detail and strive for perfection
- Are proactive and able to take ownership of projects
- Have experience or awareness of build tools (e.g. Webpack) and using source control (Git)
- Are able to translate creative ideas and mockups into interactive prototypes
- Have some awareness of TypeScript and Node.js
- Ideally have experience working with a headless CMS such as Contentful or Storyblok
- Possibilities to do what you do best and to develop your skills further with training, development and certifications
- An excellent salary based on experience and equal pay policies
- Flexible working: you have the choice to work from our office or remotely, and we have core working hours where you can choose your start and finish times to suit you
- Pension, free private healthcare, mental health support, and company sick pay scheme
- 25 days paid holiday with the opportunity to buy extra days
- An annual social budget is used for team events (think virtual escape rooms or gaming competitions), as well as away days, and meals out
- Free refreshments are provided in the office all week, as well as drinks at 4 pm on a Friday
- We celebrate successes by rewarding teams when big projects go live and honouring the year’s top achievements at our annual awards ceremony
- Opportunity to take part in the annual Dept Cares Day where Depsters across the world donate their skills to support local charities
- Annual trip to the DEPT® Festival in the Netherlands: a chance to meet other people in DEPT®, see great talks from industry leaders, and have an all-expenses-paid weekend of fun!
- Good company: DEPT® is a certified B Corporation and it is our mission to have a positive impact on not just our people and clients, but on society as a whole Find out more about our positive impact
DEPT® is an equal opportunity employer, we strongly support diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
WHO ARE WE?
DEPT® is a pioneering technology and marketing services company that creates integrated end-to-end digital experiences for brands such as Google, KFC, Philips, Audi, Twitch, Patagonia, eBay and more. Its team of 2,500+ digital specialists across 30+ locations on 5 continents delivers pioneering work on a global scale with a boutique culture. DEPT® is committed to making a positive impact on the planet and since 2021 has been Climate Neutral and B Corporation certified. www.deptagency.com
Learn more about our diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts here.