For our Technology team, we're looking for a Lead Front-End Developer who can guide the project team to the best possible solutions. Someone who can successfully transform the dream designs of our clients into well-functioning platforms.
As a Lead Front-End Eeveloper at DEPT®, you will use your previously gained expertise to multiply the overall output of our frontend team. You will do so by working alongside other front-end engineers, laying out technical foundations and helping to push the front-end engineers and their craft to the next level. You will help us maintain a high bar for quality.
You are able to explain your technical vision in a comprehensible language which both the team and the client will effortlessly understand. You lay the foundation for projects in order to enable your peers to deliver their best work — by focusing on the technical part, as well as by making sure that tickets are well-thought out for others to pick up.
Our junior, medior and senior developers see you as the go-to person when it comes to any technical questions. You will manage a variety of global digital projects for high profile brands. You will ensure that we build mobile-first, cross-browser compatible, high-performing websites and you take care to look for better tools and techniques to introduce into the workplace. Finally, you’ll guarantee that the client’s technical docomentations are kept up-to-date and you will continuously strive to improve your craft.
At DEPT®, you'll be working on a variety of products ranging from campaign websites, to design systems, 3D experiences, self-service portals and everything in between. The work we create for our clients varies in duration, from one-offs to years-long programs. You're confident in your work, and take a stand and challenge clients when necessary, ensuring the end result is something we can all be proud of.
Yes, we're eager to bring the most talented experts in the game on board. But we're also looking for a perfect DEPT® fit. Someone who is eager to learn and strives towards a better world, takes the stage, is a futurist at heart, and someone who is down to cheer with us to a successful week as well!
We strongly support diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive and safe environment for all employees. We do that through our ERCs (or employee resource communities) DEPT/WOMEN and DEPT/RAINBOW, as well as a variety of year-round initiatives where we celebrate our differences, share our stories, and discuss our challenges. We're creating an environment where you can be yourself, and do the things you love to do and are best at. Ultimately, we're looking for a unique individual who is able to strengthen our collective.
- Have more than 7 years of relevant work experience, including agency experience;
- Have experience with being a technical lead on projects;
- Are proficient with HTML and CSS and are comfortable writing JS;
- Are a styling expert that is able to translate creative designs, ideas and mockups into interactive prototypes and a working production ready product;
- Are able to translate creative ideas and mockups into interactive prototypes;
- Are familiar with API architecture (hands-on experience with GraphQL is a plus!);
- Look beyond your own field of expertise and therefore makes a clear mark on every end product;
- Are able to share knowledge with Junior, Medior and Senior developers to educate them on the projects you work on, enable them to take the stage, and assist them with as they grow as people and in their craft;
- Are able to build responsive, accessible and overall well-functioning experiences according to design;
- Are able to advocate for engineering-specific roadmap items.
- An open company culture;
- Possibilities to work from our offices and hubs in Rotterdam, Amsterdam, Veenendaal, Zwolle, and Maastricht – or from the comfort of your own home;
- Working from home setup;
- Pension scheme;
- Possibilities to develop your skills even further via training and certifications;
- Healthy and tasty food;
- Free Bootcamp training twice a week;
- Friday drinks/open bar to wrap up the week;
- Great fringe benefits; laptop, mobile phone, NS business card and many other goodies.
About DEPT®: DEPT® is a pioneering technology and marketing services company that creates integrated end-to-end digital experiences for brands such as Google, KFC, Philips, Audi, Twitch, Patagonia, eBay and more. Its team of 2,500+ digital specialists across 30+ locations on 5 continents delivers pioneering work on a global scale with a boutique culture. DEPT® is committed to making a positive impact on the planet and since 2021 has been Climate Neutral and B Corporation certified. www.deptagency.com
Learn more about our diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts here.