Here at Anaplan, we have reinvented how companies see, plan, and run their businesses. Our platform allows our customers to uncover new insights, connect their strategy to their plans, and work in ways they had not previously thought possible. We’re growing fast, constantly innovating, and couldn’t be prouder to help our customers move forward with confidence in a sophisticated and changing world.
We are looking for forward-thinking people who bend over backward to put customers first. Individuals who thrive on challenge and are ready to grasp the opportunity of a lifetime. Because we fundamentally believe every colleague brings unique value to our whole. We are a workplace where each person feels seen, heard, and valued, and can contribute their unique talent to our collective effort. We believe that for ourselves and for our customers.
We want you to think big and act bold through expressing your authentic best self! Anaplan is looking for a tenacious Services Engagement Director to join EMEA Professional Services Team. This is a stellar opportunity to get involved in a highly visible, large-scale SaaS cloud company. This role is an immediate full-time position. If you’re ready to roll up your sleeves and tackle unique problems that no one else is solving, keep reading.
Come see for yourself what an exciting place to work looks like.
Insight on your impact
- Be a director-level leader who will lead the professional services sales strategy in partnership with the Customer Success Directors and Professional Services Director
- Be accountable for delivering bookings target with contributions
- Be experienced in delivering / positioning/selling services in the software lifecycle, specifically with a solid understanding of architecting multi-dimensional online analytical processing solutions and data integrations; and
- Have tight-knit collaboration, leadership, and influencing skills with the ability to lead the room with c-level executives on down to process partners
Your qualifications, your influence
- Responsible for new business and existing customer services sales, contract negotiations, and strategic alliance in the assigned region
- Partner with Customer Success VPs to support them on the services bookings financial forecast with Customer Success Directors and Business Partners
- Accountable for services bookings target
- Identify and engage customers on services selling opportunities
- Responsible for well-scoped statements of work for services delivery
- Responsible for negotiating contracts with customers, customer’s procurement, and facilitating legal reviews.
- Responsible for relationship management and engagement with third-party partners used for delivery.
- Responsible for sales cycle to secure services bookings to meet targets:
- Hold stage 2 sales cycle alignment meeting between sales, customer success, and the village: Discuss steps to close the deal and prioritise the project
- Define joint approach and determine customer presentation materials: appropriate customer demo and collateral to address customer problem statement and align on a joint approach
- Prepare or review the scoping of the proposed solution
- Finalise partner and Anaplan contract arrangements and negotiate through legal and procurement.
- Participation in mid to late sales cycle activities assessing technical or business requirements.
Preferred skills and technical familiarity
- 8+ years successful GSI or Consultative Professional Services experience
- Success in meeting/exceeding services sales quota (selling large complex services deal to Enterprise accounts)
- Ability to work with both technical and business partners
- Experience with Agile methodology
- Strong technical aptitude to learn the Anaplan solution quickly
- Strong client-facing skills and a successful track record of engagement management
- Experience selling into various lines of business, multiple use cases for various industry customers
- Solid understanding of delivering within a software lifecycle including architectural multi-dimensional design, requirements collecting, data integration, broad functional understanding of defining process standard methodologies, and experience in successful service engagements.
- Excellent Presentation skills
- Executive presence
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree preferred