Anaplan. As the engine behind back-office system connectivity, you might not recognize our name, but our customers rank among the who’s who in the Fortune 50. Coca-Cola, LinkedIn, Adobe, and Bayer are just a few of the 2,000+ companies that rely on our best-in-class platform and its native AI capabilities to see, plan, and lead their businesses. By dynamically connecting financial, strategic, and operational plans in real-time, companies trust Anaplan to give them the power to anticipate change, address complexity, deliver operational insights, increase profits, and stay ahead of their competition.
What unites Anaplanners across teams and geographies is our commitment to our customers’ success and our collective motivation to achieve ambitious goals. We champion diversity of thought and ideas, and we behave like leaders irrespective of title. When you work for us, you’ll be part of a winning culture that’s dedicated to creating opportunities for our customers, partners, and employees. We hope you’ll join us. Let’s create something incredible together!
Industry Marketing Manager, Public Sector
Anaplan is currently seeking an Industry Marketing Manager for Public Sector to join our Marketing organization.
You will join a team of individuals who embrace and respect diverse perspectives, aren’t afraid to push boundaries and try new insights, and are passionate about helping our customers and each other succeed. As a part of the global Industry and Solutions Marketing team, this role will work closely across sales and marketing to develop an industry-specific marketing strategy for Federal, State and Local, and Higher Education sub verticals. You'll implement that marketing strategy and collaborate closely with other teams including sales, presales, customer success, alliances and marketing teams to ensure efficient coordination.
What you'll be doing:
- Serve as a strategic business partner to define value proposition(s), key buyer challenges, solutions, value messages and positioning statements.
- Understand industry trends and challenges, develop thought leadership, messaging and scalable sales-facing and external-facing content in an evolving digital landscape.
- Design and execute the public sector go-to-market and content strategy.
- Partner with Demand Gen, Field Marketing, Partner Marketing and other teams to develop customer journey and create targeted marketing initiatives to drive pipeline generation and acceleration for the vertical.
- Engage with customers, prospects, analysts and key internal stakeholders to develop, test and refine the messaging.
- Represent Anaplan in external events and build appropriate content to demonstrate thought leadership and showcase customer value.
- Be a trusted stakeholder to the sales team, understand their needs and develop sales playbooks for Land and Expand motions.
- Minimum seven years of recent combined marketing and digital marketing experience preferably with a focus on Public Sector industry
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Experience developing and implementing a strategic marketing plan for a sophisticated business. This includes the following skills: market research, project management, buyer persona development, buyer journey development, content strategy.
- Executive relationship manager and trusted, strategic marketing advisor with a consistent track record to collaborate and handle expectations of senior business leaders; able to work well with/between groups with complementary and contending priorities to achieve common goals
- Deep knowledge of the business environment, Anaplan’s scope of solutions, and client issues; knowledge of leading practices, digital/social marketing, content marketing, external benchmarks, and industry trends and understands how to apply them in the Anaplan environment
- Experience working with cross-functional teams, timeliness, plans, processes, and budgets; very organized, focused and meticulous with outstanding oral and written communication skills; strong executive presence and presentation skills
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Build your job in a place that thrives on diversity, inclusion, and belonging. We believe in maintaining a hiring and working experience in which all people are respected and valued, regardless of gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, citizenship, or any other aspect which makes people unique. We hire you for who you are, and we want you to bring your true self to work every day!
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, perform essential job functions, and receive equitable benefits and all privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Fraud Recruitment Disclaimer:
It has come to our attention that fraudulent and fictitious job opportunities are being circulated on the Internet. Prospective candidates are being contacted by certain individuals, mainly through telephone calls, emails and correspondences, claiming they are representatives of Anaplan. The main purpose of these correspondences and announcement is to obtain privileged information from individuals.
Anaplan does not:
- Extend offers to candidates without an extensive interview process with a member of our recruitment team and a hiring manager via video or in person.
- Send job offers via email. All offers are first extended verbally by a member of our internal recruitment team whenever possible, and then followed up via written communication.
All emails from Anaplan would come from an @anaplan.com email address. Should you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Anaplan, please send an email to email@example.com before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.