Anaplan has an opportunity for an Engineering Manager to build and lead a new Cloud Engineering team at the forefront of our DevOps transformation.
Working as part of a Cloud Platform Engineering group that supports the functions of Software Development, Ops, Security and more in delivering a SaaS platform that is helping top-flight companies around the world to make better-informed plans and decisions every day. Anaplan is a business critical, tier-1 system that must be highly available with low latency, despite complexity and scale.
We love people with a passion for building and developing teams of exceptional engineers, and are also able to roll your sleeves up to get hands-on, with a solid background implementing Infrastructure as Code projects.
You will join a group of individuals who embrace and respect diverse perspectives, aren’t afraid to push boundaries and try new ideas, and who are passionate about helping our customers and each other succeed. We work hard, but we also don’t wait for an excuse to have fun. In fact, we’re so serious about it that it’s one of our core values.
What you’ll be doing:
- Building a team of exceptional cloud infrastructure engineers. You will be able to offer great packages to attract the best talent.
- Mentoring and developing the members of your team, and making sure they have opportunities to build skills and experience.
- Delivering solutions that support mission-critical services with high efficiency, availability and operability.
- Caring for your team, ensuring that they are happy, feel comfortable giving and receiving feedback, and are productive without late-nights or weekend heroics.
- Embracing an agile mindset to develop processes that work best for your projects and commitments.
- Contributing to the vision for the future development and runtime platform for Anaplan services – ensuring continuous improvement and the application of best practices.
- Acting as a team-player yourself, supporting your peer managers in other teams across the organisation.
- Taking ownership of the team’s roadmap and working with an experienced product manager to ensure it is realistic and aligned with company goals.
- Ensuring the quality of your team’s output by recruiting the right people, and role-modelling responsible ownership of quality.
- Ensuring visibility of your roadmap and project progress for partners.
- Managing impediments, spotting them early and mitigating effectively.
- Owning your projects from inception to production.
More about you:
- You have experience at the leadership of teams – either as a manager or in key positions where you mentored more junior team members and helped to make key decisions. We are looking for someone who can hit the ground running, but this could be a good opportunity for a first-time manager with relevant aptitude and experience.
- You have a wealth of experience in using public cloud technologies and applying these technologies to address real world problems. Designing cloud infrastructure with an eye on meeting availability, durability, security and regulatory requirements will come naturally to you.
- You are unafraid to step outside your technological comfort zone: you love to learn new technologies and are comfortable operating in other parts of the stack when necessary.
You care passionately about the wellbeing and engagement of the people in your team and you like to coach and take pride in developing talent.
You bring a solid understanding of Agile principles but are not bound to a fixed methodology. You are pragmatic and look to deliver value early and often with continuous improvement rather than aiming for perfection in a single delivery.
You are a natural communicator and build productive relationships with stakeholders and peers.
Technologies you’ll work with:
- AWS/EKS, GCP/GKE
- Kubernetes & Docker
- Jenkins & Harness
- Others – including technologies you help to choose to suit the needs of your project
- Experience in DevOps
- Programming skills in any modern language
- Building APIs, including RESTful APIs