Anaplan is looking for a high-performing Competitive Intelligence Manager candidate with deep experience in competitive and market intelligence, analysis, and research. The candidate will directly impact the business as we continue to grow the Anaplan Competitive Intelligence program, as an influencer, as a driver and as a manager of critical components of the business.
The candidate will work closely with various internal stakeholders including Anaplan field, pre-sales, customer success, product management and product marketing team members to position Anaplan successfully against established and new competitors. At a high level, responsibilities include delivering competitive landscape insights, analyses, and actionable tactical inputs that help direct short and long-term product and GTM roadmap.
With many horizontal touchpoints, the candidate must have the ability to build trust and partnership with all key stakeholders on an ongoing basis. The ideal candidate brings a strong combination of building relationships within and outside of the broad Anaplan team plus core data analysis and presentation skills.
- Deliver accurate, timely, unbiased and contextual analysis by supporting and improving on ongoing competitive research, tracking and analysis of competitors’ products and GTM strategy.
- Drive creation of and updates to compelling, articulate, and creative competitive content and collateral geared towards various stakeholders, including executive management.
- Lead, manage, plan, and execute monthly and quarterly sales enablement events, including webinars, SWOT analysis, white papers, battle cards and newsletters.
- Develop, present, and maintain regular sales trainings for global and regional field organizations and partners.
- Research ongoing tracking and analysis of key competitors in the planning space (including public cloud and private cloud), and emerging competitive threats and trends that may come from adjacent areas, such as ML/AI, mobile, data etc.
- Initiate and maintain tracking deals through various sales stages. Actively provide deal support through CI engagement to sales teams.
- Build relationships across Anaplan teams, particularly with sales, marketing and product orgs – evangelize competitive intelligence function and proactively seek out collaboration opportunities.
- 3+ years of business experience – some of that experience must include direct involvement with competitive analysis/research, cloud, and enterprise SaaS space.
- Previous enterprise SaaS or cloud related product sales, industry analyst, product management, product strategy, or product marketing background strongly preferred.
- Experience with data analysis tools and concepts - expert level advanced excel skills, SFDC skills is a must. Anaplan modeling skills is a great bonus to have
- Strong presentation skills – Ability to create and present visually compelling powerpoints with story telling and data visualization is a must
- Strong interpersonal skills, including excellent writing and verbal communication are assumed. A self-starter and seeker of new ideas and initiatives, s/he will be able to ramp up quickly.
- Demonstrated experience with qualitative and quantitative market research skills, including data analysis, data synthesis, SWOT analysis, and data driven recommendation will be required.
- Nice to have skills are competitive win-loss analysis and data visualization/BI. In the absence of them, candidate must be willing to learn and implement quickly.
- Previous experience, including designing questionnaires and discussion guides, surveys, and conducting focus groups or 1:1 interview will be a plus.
- The successful candidate is a strategic thinker who can execute on time with high quality deliverables. Ability to juggle multiple priorities is needed.
- Highly comfortable to work under tight timelines, and in an ambiguous, fast-paced, high-growth environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering, or technology is minimally required.
- Master’s degree, especially MBA is recommended, but demonstrated experience can be substituted.