At Anaplan, we are looking for a self-motivated Data Analyst to join our growing team in beautiful, SAN FRANCISCO to be a member of the Business Analytics team.
The Business Analytics team of Anaplan’s Planning AI department partners with Customer Experience, Sales Engineering, Product and other organizations to generate data-driven value for our customers. The Data Analyst role is key in reaching the company’s goals for growth and expansion.
The ideal candidate is a technical-minded self-starter who can work well on several projects simultaneously and balance competing priorities in a fun, results-oriented and details-oriented work environment. If you are a curious and creative individual with a passion for digging into data, analyzing patterns, and running operations in and around machine learning, we want to hear from you!
Located in SOMA district, when you walk into our San Francisco office, you can feel the excitement and energy of what we are doing at Anaplan. Open floor plan, stocked kitchens, and collaboration spaces, we gear our office around making sure you have everything you need to work well. And whether it’s a company outing to a Giants game or team happy hour, there are always events for you to connect with your colleagues outside of work. You will join a team of individuals who embrace and respect diverse perspectives, aren’t afraid to push boundaries and try new ideas, and are passionate about helping our customers and each other succeed. We work hard, but we also don’t wait for an excuse to have fun and we inspire each other!
What you’ll be doing:
- Use analytical tools and algorithms to analyze customer data, create models and present business insights for customers.
- Work closely and collaboratively with the other teams to formulate data-driven recommendations and drive value for Anaplan’s machine learning initiatives.
- Analyze results and measure ROI to quantify the value.
- Collaborate with the Product, Data and Engineering teams to support changing market needs & dynamic data requirements, document processes and enable internal and external partners.
More about you:
- Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Industrial Engineering, CS or Economics from a leading college/university.
- 2-5 years of experience in data / customer analytics roles, particularly in transforming data into business insights and recommendations using analytical tools.
- 1-3 years of experience in a customer-facing role.
- Experience in the field of data science and machine learning.
- Strong passion to data, taking a detail-oriented approach with outstanding organizational skills.
- Proficiency in Python or other scripting language.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and BI tools, and proven experience with data visualization tools (e.g. Tableau).
- Effective communication skills: Ability to think strategically, write concisely, and explain concepts in simple language.
- Experience with marketing & sales processes, and systems (e.g. Salesforce, Marketo).
- SQL knowledge
What we offer:
- A rewarding, progressive career with a company that values diversity, flexibility and understands the need for a good work/life balance.
- Market-leading salaries combined with generous bonuses, equity and a range of comprehensive benefits.
- Flexible working, catered lunches, a fully stocked kitchen and plenty of parties and events.
- A range of sports, health and wellbeing initiatives.
- 3 days of paid leave every year to help support the charity or cause of your choice.
- Huge problems to solve –you will constantly be learning and pushing boundaries, working with some of the smartest people around!
Do you align with Anaplan’s Values?
Collaborative: We go out of our way to help others succeed
Explore all of our Values on Anaplan.com/careers
At Anaplan, we’re relentlessly passionate about improving the way companies and people do business by empowering them with the technology, insights, and confidence they need to make better-informed plans and decisions.
With 20 offices worldwide, we’re building products used by over 850 clients that include some of the world’s largest brands and fast-growing companies in every industry, and we’re just getting started.
CAN’T FIND THE PERFECT ROLE FOR YOU? NEW OPPORTUNITIES ARE OPENING UP DAILY: