Location: India - Remote
Vonage Product Management Mission: Vonage is the emerging leader in the $100B+ cloud communications platform (CPaaS) market. Customers like Airbnb, Viber, Whatsapp, Snapchat, and many others depend on our APIs and SDKs to connect with their customers all over the world. As businesses continue to shift to a real-time, customer-centric communications model, we are experiencing a time of impressive growth.
Why this role matters
- The API Gateway is the entry-point for all HTTP customer traffic to our APIs. This is a critical piece of infrastructure for the whole platform. Every development team in the organization has to interact and configure the gateway.
- As an engineer on the gateway you will be responsible for managing all customer traffic, supporting every other team with onboarding and configuration changes as well as implementing gateway and authentication features.
- Within our Dev Ops culture this means we’re responsible for the infrastructure, deployment, configuration, coding and support of our products.
- The API Gateway is used by every other team giving a unique insight into how our products and services work and gives an opportunity to have a very significant impact on every part of the business - it couldn’t be a better place to work !
IF THIS SOUNDS LIKE YOU, CONTINUE READING BELOW…….
What you will do
- Use Terraform to create and manage AWS infrastructure for our EKS deployments. That might involve scaling and resizing environments or taking advantage of different infrastructure to enable new deployment, workflow or performance enhancements.
- Maintain metrics and dashboards with Prometheus, Grafana and ELK to ensure we can respond pro-actively to any issues which arise
- Create and manage Docker images which are deployed to Kubernetes using manifests you write through an Argo GitOps flow.
- Manage the network flow from Global Accelerator to Application Load Balancers to the services in the EKS cluster, as well as scaling and performance of the gateway.
- Collaborate with product management and other development teams to understand their needs and expose new features in the gateway to meet their requirements.
- Develop features on our Java based authentication service ensuring high performance, stability and security while improving customer experience
- Work with the support team to ensure that customer experience is at the heart of what we do
What you will bring
- A good energy, a good dose of curiosity, and a desire to learn and improve yourself
- A solid team spirit
- A keen sense of seeing things from our customers’ point of view
- A drive to always leave things better than how you found them. That applies to code, processes, interactions with people and every other aspect of your work life.
- Understanding of networking, infrastructure and SOA in Kubernetes
What is required for application
- 3+ years experience with running and managing applications in Kubernetes
- 3+ years experience with managing cloud infrastructure (ideally AWS) through an IAC tool (ideally Terraform)
- Experience with GitOps processes (ideally ArgoCD)
- Experience with Java and DropWizard
- Experience with Envoy based API Gateways
- Familiarity with templating in Jsonnet
- Ability to pick up new software, frameworks and APIs quickly
What is in it for you
- Health Insurance
- Group Personal Accident
- Doctor Consultation
- Health Checkup
- Dental Benefits
- Wellness Programs
- Discounted medicine delivery
- Vision Checkup
Potential Next Career Move: Senior Developer/Dev Ops Engineer (API Gateway)