Vonage Marketing Mission
We are a highly creative, energetic and results-oriented organization that produces and delivers the content Vonage needs to entice, educate, engage with and sell to customers around the world. We connect with the external marketplace through all media including print, digital and social. Our team leverages deep industry, market and customer data into actionable insights and marketing strategies. We are creative and collaborative, striving to translate how Vonage’s products and services can meet the needs of our current and future customers.
Why this role matters
Product Marketing partners at the forefront of product strategy and owns the go-to-market motion across the Vonage Portfolio of products and services. This team develops the market strategy and participates in all related materials for various audiences. The Sr. Director, Product Marketing will join our highly collaborative team to develop go-to-market strategy, plans and content in partnership with product management, sales enablement, content marketing, integrated marketing, web, and corporate communications to distinguish Vonage within the competitive arena.
IF THIS SOUNDS LIKE YOU, CONTINUE READING BELOW...
What you'll do
This highly visible role will be responsible for go-to-market strategies, plans, roadmaps and content for one of our most critical product areas. A compelling story teller and strategist, with a maniacal focus on execution, you will help craft the story of our UCaaS and CCaaS Applications for both end-user customers and to our partners (who white label and co-brand our cloud applications) to bring the most compelling solutions to market.
- Lead a solid, trusted team of Product Marketing Directors and Managers who vary in tenure (for both Vonage and within the industry)
- Bring leadership experience and Product Marketing best practices to help the team continue their evolution toward becoming a world-class product marketing organization
- Work closely with teammates across Product Management, Sales, Alliances, and Integrated Marketing to understand new products, new business initiatives and other changes that require evolution in Product Marketing support
- Build effective go-to-market strategies based on market and competitive analysis with input from sales, customers, partners, analysts, etc.
- Develop product positioning and messaging and value propositions to position key differentiators in the market
- Develop a variety of materials including: presentations, e-books, data sheets, whitepapers, case studies in collaboration with editorial team; partner to develop product demos, training videos, etc for sales enablement and marketing teams
- Work collaboratively with Integrated marketing, demand gen, field and partner marketing for the launch of new products, features, and releases aligned to the target audiences
- Support integrated GTM by providing ongoing guidance to creative, media, communications, Web and field teams to ensure effective market coverage occurs in a consistent and orchestrated fashion
- Serve as key contributor to various analyst reports, briefings and submissions as the SME for the core portfolio and participate in industry events as spokesperson, trainer and / or facilitator
- Work collaboratively with product management, engineering and sales to develop the product roadmap
- Educate Product team of customer usage models, requirements, feedback and customer satisfaction/NPS to measure performance and utilization of existing and new functionality & features
- Meet with internal partners (Sales, Consumer, Customer Care, etc.) to understand and prioritize their needs to inform the product road mapping process
What you'll bring
- Experience leading professional teams and demonstrated excellence in the Product Marketing function
- Experience with cloud communications space specifically UCaaS/ CCaaS and/or API.
- Experience with partner/alliance GTM models - e.g., ecosystem selling, co-brand, white label
- Experience marketing solutions via partners, including CSPs and ASPs
- Advanced understanding of the full range of marketing channels available to make Vonage products more visible, accessible and appealing to current and potential customers.
- Strong understanding of how partnerships and alliances work to the mutual benefit of Vonage and partner companies.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including writing, speaking and listening.
- Ability to:
- Consult with business leaders on product marketing and operational issues, trends and challenges.
- Engage with internal and external stakeholders to clarify business and performance expectations.
- Apply judgment to prioritize activity and address the most pressing partner / marketing needs.
- Integrate trends, data and information into forecasts, plans, models and recommendations.
- Tailor communication approach to specific situations and audiences.
- Define, clarify and resolve the tension between Vonage and partner business priorities.
What's required for application
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing or related field.
- 10+ years in product marketing
- Time in seat leading professional teams
- Knowledge of the cloud communications industry (UCaaS/ CCaaS and /or APIs)
What's in it for you
In addition to providing exciting work, career advancement opportunities, and a collaborative work environment, Vonage provides competitive pay and benefits including unlimited discretionary time off and tuition reimbursement.
Note: The purpose of this profile is to provide a general summary of essential responsibilities for the position and is not meant as an exhaustive list. Assignments may differ for individuals within the same role based on business conditions, departmental need or geographic location.