Staff Software Engineer
Vonage Engineering Mission: Vonage is the emerging leader in the $100B+ cloud communications platform (CPaaS) market. Customers like Airbnb, Viber, Whatsapp, Snapchat, and many others depend on our APIs and SDKs to connect with their customers all over the world. As businesses continue to shift to a real-time, customer-centric communications model, we are experiencing a time of impressive growth.
Why this role matters
The Vonage Communication Platform is the next evolutionary step for the already successful Vonage architecture. This platform will enable the next generation of polyglot, cloud agnostic microservices that build on the best of what modern development has to offer.
If you are interested in elevating the developer experience, eliminating the minutia and tedium with traditional development processes and thrive in a high performing team, then this is the team for you.
What you will do
This team will build on two decades of experience, success and real-world exposure to bridge the gap between clouds, IoT and whatever the future has in store into a modern fabric that can span wherever it needs to. Any language, any framework, any cloud, anywhere.
- Play a lead role in design and development efforts for significant initiatives within major business areas.
- Independently design, develop, test and document moderately complex software systems and applications.
- Collaborate with analysts, peers and other stakeholders on projects to develop highly complex systems
- Bring your expertise to bear in helping move the team’s capabilities forward: by providing Q&A and peer review for fellow developers and by developing system alterations and designs to enhance existing technologies.
- Envision innovating disruptive technologies and collaborate with in-house experts to bring your vision to life.
- Lead efforts to define and support coding standards.
What you will bring:
Team members will be both Architects and DevOps as they define, enable and deliver a self-service fabric that trusts, but verifies. Creating the transparently secure and high performing system will require hands-on development in:
- C#, java or NodeJS/REACT as well as other scripting, automation and reporting capabilities.
- Kubernetes experience is highly desirable as well as AWS, GCP or Azure expertise.
- A solid belief in CNCF, Apache Foundation or other OSS practices is considered a must as the driving principle behind the team is build/buy then integrate and extend.