Technical Product Manager - Programmable Network - OSS
Please note: This role will require you to work adjusted hours to support EST timezones (until roughly 12pm EST)
Vonage Product Management Mission: The Vonage API Communications Group is an emerging leader in the $100B+ cloud communications platform (CPaaS) market. Customers such as Airbnb, Viber, Whatsapp, Snapchat, and many others depend on our APIs and SDKs to connect with their customers all over the world.
Why this role matters:
Our ability to support deliverability and scalability of all our products, the underlying services that support these products are critical to the overall success of the Platform. From cost management through to our connectivity capabilities we need to build the best solutions for our routing capabilities.
With the largest global CPaaS network our reach is continually expanding. Which is why we are looking for a dedicated Technical Product Manager to take our unique capabilities to the next level.
What you will do:
- Own, maintain and build best in class software services including:
- Cost Management
- Number Management
- Define the vision and roadmap for the Programmable Network in synergy with the other product managers and the rest of the business needs
- Work with Product Managers, Carrier, Sales, Support and Business Operations to define and prioritise features and improvements
- Integrate customer feedback and performance metrics continuously into Programmable Network roadmap and direction
- Commercial support to draw up, present and manage new Business product propositions to customers prior to being fully adopted in BAU processes.
- Undertake Project Management responsibilities of cross functional development initiatives and go to market readiness
What you will bring:
- Experience in delivering complex software through ability to:
- assimilate complex operational challenges
- summarise and articulate in simple form
- create detailed business and technical requirements
- work across diverse teams, engage with and inspire
- create an exceptional user experience
- working with 3rd party systems, vendors and suppliers globally
What is required for the application:
- Computer Science degree or similar technical qualification
- Minimum 5 years experience in a relevant sector and function
- Minimum 3 years of Product or Operational Management experience
- Experience building API products or using APIs as a developer
- Understanding of UNIX/Linux systems and basic sysadmin abilities
- Understanding of databases (MySQL), SQL queries and data schemas
- Able to work with data in formats such as CSV, XML, JSON, etc.
- Previous Operations Support Systems (OSS) experience
- Hands on experience with complex routing systems ideally from the Telco sector
- Experience of working in a Business ISP/system integrator
- Possess a basic understanding of the PSTN (T1’s, ISUP Signaling, SS7 Links, E911, CNAM, etc) or SMS networking
- Previous experience with Telco Numbering Plans or Cost Management Systems
- Experience working with and building complex web applications
- Experience with Agile methodologies & tools (e.g. Scrum, Kanban)
- Experience using Jira, Confluence and project management tools