Vonage Customer Care Mission
We help our customers create innovative and delightful customer experiences using our programmable communication building blocks. Through a choice of support offerings, we provide top-tier support for developers and enterprises. Our global technical team, skilled in development, communications technology and troubleshooting, help our customers rapidly resolve any issues, publish online knowledge articles, and communicate proactively for any incidents that occur.
Why this job Matters
The Technical Support Specialist II is responsible for providing support to Vonage customers’ technical issues reported by ticketing system, email, and phone. They will be responsible for taking on ownership with both external and internal parties to define and resolve systemic issues, product enhancements and workarounds.
They will apply fundamental network and VoIP troubleshooting to resolve support tickets in an efficient and effective manner. The technician will also handle inbound/outbound calls, and adhere to outlined metrics around productivity and resolution.
IF THIS SOUNDS LIKE YOU KEEP READING...
What You Will Do
- Determine/Isolate application and hardware related issues.
- Respond swiftly to customer issues, displaying ability to prioritize based on provided guidelines.
- Maintain performance measures including(not limited to) Tickets Per Hour closed, Adherence to phone/case management expectations, customer CSAT & DSAT.
- Handle customer calls while displaying technical competency and strong communication skills.
- Work in a collaborative team environment sharing ideas and opportunities for increased efficiency.
What You'll Bring
- Strong Networking (Layer 2&3 topology, networking hardware, cabling, WAPs).
- Understanding of VoIP (QoS, SIP Flow, Coded Negotiations).
- Excellent communication skills, including written and verbal.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to:
- Multitask and work in a fast paced/dynamic environment.
- Quickly respond to customer inquiries, requests and issues.
- Communicate technical, process, and business information in language easily understood by diverse audiences.
- Investigate, troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve technical issues related to the Vonage technology suite.
What's Required of You:
- 3-5 years of customer-facing experience in a technical role.
- CCNA or equivalent networking coursework a plus
What's In It For You
In addition to providing exciting work, career advancement opportunities, and a collaborative work environment, Vonage provides competitive pay and benefits including unlimited discretionary time off and tuition reimbursement.
Note: The purpose of this profile is to provide a general summary of essential responsibilities for the position and is not meant as an exhaustive list. Assignments may differ for individuals within the same role based on business conditions, departmental need or geographic location.