Vonage Engineering Mission: We embody the notion of be what’s next now! We envision, develop and manage technology to connect the world. Our team brings excellence, passion, creativity and curiosity to the job. We look at the business environment and technologies in new and challenging ways, striving to develop and deliver integrated whole-system solutions to meet our customers’ ever-changing needs.
Why this role Matters:
As a member of the IT Networking team, you will be helping design, develop and maintain Corporate networks, technologies and solutions, used by a globally distributed Vonage workforce. An ideal candidate for this role is an individual that has a diverse and deep technical background in Layer 2 and Layer 3 technologies, with an emphasis on Wireless LAN. This includes analysis, design, building and testing WLAN infrastructure and services, migration of legacy WLAN to modern WLAN stacks, maintaining and troubleshooting existing WLAN deployments worldwide, and being the subject matter expert providing technical advice and support. You will be a key contributor in a talented networking team, working in a complex and mission critical environment.
What you will bring:
- Ability to listen, communicate, evaluate, and problem solve in a multi tasking team environment.
- Ability to work cross-functionally with multiple teams in the organization.
- Ability to design, deploy and troubleshoot IP and wireless LAN networks; which includes enterprise IP networking, IP network security, authentication, certificates, remote access, network access controls, and IP network management.
- Experience in trouble isolation and remediation at Layers 1-4 (IP, MAC, RF, and some application level).
- Experience with Aruba WLAN, AirWave, and ClearPass.
- Experience with managing firewalls. Experience with Juniper SRX platform would be preferred.
- Experience working in customer technical support roles; assessing and triage of production incidents, managing trouble tickets, and trouble resolution.
- Experience and understanding of LAN/WAN architectures and designs; mobile networking, and cloud networking.
- Methodical approach to trouble resolution.
- Experience in addressing multi-variable trouble environments.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Ability to be on-site at Corporate office premises regularly, and some travel to remote locations.
- Comfortable with a non-standard work schedule, including being part of an on-call 24/7 rotating schedule.
- Ability to attain Aruba certifications: ACCP, ACMP, ACCX.
What is Required for application:
- 6-10 years related experience.
- Minimum of Six (6) years practical Layer 2 and Layer 3 internetworking.
- Minimum of Three (3) years practical hands on Aruba WLAN and 802.11 experience and expertise.
- Four-year college or university degree in Computer Engineering or related field, or equivalent training and certification.
- Juniper/Cisco certification highly preferred
- Previous Aruba product design/support experience required. Aruba certifications highly preferred.
- Experience designing, developing, implementing, deploying and optimizing Aruba systems configurations.
- Experience providing technical advice to peer groups.
- Experience providing support and troubleshooting technical issues.
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
What's in it for you
In addition to providing exciting work, career advancement opportunities, and a collaborative work environment, Vonage provides competitive pay and benefits including unlimited discretionary time off and tuition reimbursement.
Note: The purpose of this profile is to provide a general summary of essential responsibilities for the position and is not meant as an exhaustive list. Assignments may differ for individuals within the same role based on business conditions, departmental need or geographic location.