Vonage Sales Mission
We strive to innovate and enhance our customers' ability to communicate within today's digital, cloud and real-time business environment. Our sales team is composed of highly-motivated, energetic and customer-focused Team Members that expand existing accounts/channels and find new clients for company products and services.
Why this job Matters
Sales Operations provides planning, budgeting and analysis for the Sales organization. We create sales and revenue forecasts, collecting and analyzing sales trend data and information about pricing, performance, market share and other key indicators. We provide management with information and insights to underlie sales strategy development and related tactical planning. You can join our team as a Sales Operations Generalist, supporting significant geographies and/or product and service areas.
IF THIS SOUNDS LIKE YOU KEEP READING...
What You Will Do
- Provide operational, administrative and analytical support for assigned sales representatives and teams.
- Produce and review actionable and accurate sales reporting and information for sales representatives, managers and teams.
- Contribute to team efforts to evaluate sales funnel performance and enhance lead qualification processes.
- Document and record client interactions, identifying process pain points and recommending process / logistical improvement.
- Research and engage with cross-functional product, service and other stakeholders to ensure appropriate and effective response to customer ordering problems.
- Analyze sales data and information to help create sales and revenue forecasts and booking estimates; ensure estimations contribute to sales strategy planning and development.
- Audit sales reports for performance, commission estimation and related purposes.
- Provide input into sales incentive plans and assist in appropriate communication and understanding.
- Perform competitor and market research.
- Build and maintain key documentation and records regarding sales processes, performance and outcomes.
- Update performance dashboards and work with assigned representatives and teams to ensure appropriate application and understanding.
- Ensure effective Salesforce administration.
- Lead in the research and identification of opportunities for sales process optimization and redesign.
What You'll Bring
- Understanding of the full range of products and services provided by Vonage Business.
- Demonstrated proficiency in all areas of the sales cycle, including prospecting, initial discovery, presentation, demonstration and closing.
- Proven problem-solving skills.
- Experience with Microsoft business tools, Salesforce.com and other communication tools.
- Excellent communication skills, including writing, speaking and listening.
- Ability to:
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Integrate trends, data and information into forecasts, plans, models and recommendations.
- Tailor communication approach to specific situations and audiences.
- Apply analytical skills to evaluate and develop solutions to sales-related operational, process and system problems.
What's Required of You:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Sales, Marketing, Business or related discipline.
- Prior experience (2-5 years) in a Sales Operations or related role.
- Extensive experience working with Salesforce.com
What's In It For You
In addition to providing exciting work, career advancement opportunities, and a collaborative work environment, Vonage provides competitive pay and benefits including unlimited discretionary time off and tuition reimbursement.
Note: The purpose of this profile is to provide a general summary of essential responsibilities for the position and is not meant as an exhaustive list. Assignments may differ for individuals within the same role based on business conditions, departmental need or geographic location.