Vonage Engineering Mission
We embody the notion of be what’s next now! We envision, develop and manage technology to connect the world. Our team brings excellence, passion, creativity and curiosity to the job. We look at the business environment and technologies in new and challenging ways, striving to develop and deliver integrated whole-system solutions to meet our customers’ ever-changing needs.
Why this role matters
NewVoiceMedia, A Vonage Company, is a global provider of cloud contact centre and inside sales technology that enables businesses to have more successful conversations. Through our world-class ContactWorld solutions, NewVoiceMedia enables our 700+ customers to take everything they know about their customers in Salesforce or other CRM and bring that to every prospect/customer conversation, driving improved engagement, relationships and loyalty.
We are experiencing double-digit growth in every region around the world, and we are looking for great candidates that want to bring their drive and enthusiasm to the table, be part of an explosive growth company, learn a ton, and have fun with a great team.
What you'll do
As a Development Manager you will manage the execution of agile practices and processes, helping the team accelerate their development and optimise their output at a sustainable pace while maintaining the culture and continuing to deliver value to our customers at a fast and frequent pace. You will manage and build on a reliable continuous improvement process. You will ensure efficient delivery at high quality. Having multiple touchpoints across the business, you will act as an escalation point for development teams to help mitigate and unblock where required. Under a flat structure you will be managing a large number of developers and be responsible for building relationships, coaching and helping them improve.
What you'll bring
- Proven record of leading, developing and managing similar or larger development teams delivering a software product to customers.
- Ideally this will be a business-to-business product and ideally web based following agile practices and principles.
- Proven record in managing a team producing measurable delivery of software in a timely and high-quality manner.
- Experience in leading delivery cycles and work with multiple releases with agile methodologies in a service or SaaS environment.
- Experience of best practice work management tools, continuous integration, continuous delivery and DevOps practices.
- Experience in managing multi-cultural and diverse background technology professionals to create a cohesive and collaborative team.
- Self-motivated and driven
- Detail orientated
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment
- Able to work collaboratively within different teams and with differing levels of seniority
- Passionate about delivering excellence
- Self-starting and able to self-manage
What's in it for you
In addition to providing exciting work, career advancement opportunities, and a collaborative work environment, Vonage provides competitive pay and benefits including unlimited discretionary time off and tuition reimbursement.
Note: The purpose of this profile is to provide a general summary of essential responsibilities for the position and is not meant as an exhaustive list. Assignments may differ for individuals within the same role based on business conditions, departmental need or geographic location.