VP of Information Security
Holmdel, NJ or Atlanta, GA or USA Remote
The VP of Information Security role, reporting directly to the Chief Information Security Officer (CISO), is responsible for driving the overall information security program for the company and its flagship Vonage Communications Platform (VCP) through Security First initiatives.
The VCP is an industry leading communications platform that delivers rich communication services (CPaas, UCaaS, CCaaS) and digital workflows for global customers in telehealth, financial, education, retail, ecommerce, marketing, logistics, and many other industries.
The Security First principles, include (but are not limited to):
- Zero Trust / Micro-segmentation Architecture and Infrastructure
- Secure Software Development Lifecycle (SSDLC)
- Identity and Access Management (IAM)
- Endpoint, Network, Application, and Data Protections (defense-in-depth)
- Security Information and Events Management (SIEM) / Logging
- Security Monitoring and Incident Response
- Security Automation at scale in a Cloud Native environment
Broad and deep knowledge of these constructs and demonstrated ability to synthesize them in a robust and strategic program that drives results and differentiates VCP as a secure and trusted platform is a crucial success criteria. Additionally, ability envision and executive security, privacy, trust centric product capabilities that helps differentiate VCP in the market place will also be an important success criteria.
What you will do:
In this highly strategic, influential, and high-impact role, the individual will work very closely with all product and engineering leaders, distinguished engineers, chief architect, program manager, and other key stakeholders to deliver Security First posture.
This individual is expected to provide hands-on security leadership, guidance, and facilitate efficient and strategic decision making towards Security First objectives listed above. It is expected and critical that the candidate will be a close collaborator and trusted advisor to engineering and product leaders and other stakeholders. The ideal candidate will also have a strong understanding of SaaS platforms, modern software, cloud technologies, and proven industry experience at scale. This individual is expected to have exceptional communication, negotiation, and influencing skills, who works effectively with technical, legal, financial, and other business stakeholders and forges highly trusted collaborative relationships that deliver exceptional outcomes.
Finally this individual, in support of the CISO, will be a key contributor and communicator of the Security First vision, strategy, and roadmap and progress to the Board, strategic industry partners, strategic customers, investors, and analysts.
What is required for application:
- Minimum of 15 years or more of full time experience in a scaled software / application / infrastructure environments of which 8 or more must be in the leadership role with demonstrated experience in building, nurturing, and inspiring high performing teams
- 5 or more years must be in a security leadership role in a Cloud First (Cloud Native) and micro-services architecture environments
- Demonstrated impact through increasingly challenging and strategic technology and security leadership roles through the candidates career journey
- Experience working in an technology forward organization that has gone through significant growth
- Passion and experience of recruiting, nurturing, and inspiring high performance teams and delivering high standards across global security and peer technology teams
- Advanced relevant engineering degree is a core educational requirements
- Information Security specific certifications and/or completion of relevant professional development programs are highly desirable
What is in it for you:
- In addition to providing exciting work, career advancement opportunities, and a collaborative work environment, Vonage provides competitive pay and benefits including unlimited discretionary time off and tuition reimbursement.
The purpose of this profile is to provide a general summary of essential responsibilities for the position and is not meant as an exhaustive list. Assignments may differ for individuals within the same role based on business conditions, departmental need or geographic location.