Vonage Engineering Mission: We embody the notion of be what’s next now! We envision, develop and manage technology to connect the world. Our team brings excellence, passion, creativity and curiosity to the job. We look at the business environment and technologies in new and challenging ways, striving to develop and deliver integrated whole-system solutions to meet our customers’ ever-changing needs.
Why this role matters
Communications Engineering plans, designs, acquires and implements major components of Vonage’s communications systems. We perform utilization and traffic study analyses to determine optimal system components and configuration. We look at what’s available externally versus internally and recommend whether to buy or build. We coordinate and execute project plans, develop specifications and manage costs, perform vendor comparisons and do whatever it takes to bring communications concepts to life. The Communications Engineer II, brings this to life by contributing to technology, system and network development working with a peer team of Communications Engineers.
IF THIS SOUNDS LIKE YOU, CONTINUE READING BELOW…….
What you will do
- Work closely with a team of Communications Engineers with VoIP technologies in a fast-paced, modern, agile devops environment.
- Understand and apply state-of-the-art technologies and processes.
- Understand project requirements, performance expectations and success criteria.
- Collaborate with other teams and stakeholders within Vonage, and understand project and organizational interdependencies.
- Follow established processes and methodologies for design, development, testing and deployment to deliver projects on time with very high quality.
- Work on effective maintenance and monitoring of communications equipment, devices, systems and networks – in terms of functionality, reliability, resiliency, performance and security.
- Investigate, isolate and repair identified issues quickly and accurately.
- Document processes and procedures to support design, development and operations of systems managed by the team.
- Contribute with recommendations for continuous improvement
What you will bring
- Expert understanding of VoIP and related protocols, including SIP, SDP, RTP, RTCP and TCP/IP.
- Experience in configuring and maintaining SIP servers and/or SBCs, such as Kamailio and Ribbon.
- Knowledge of VoIP quality metrics and experience with reporting and analysis tools such as VoIP Monitor and Empirix.
- Good knowledge of AWS cloud infrastructure automation.
- Exposure to CI/CD/automation provisioning tools such as Terraform, Github, Chef, Vagrant and Jenkins..
- Good experience with Linux / Unix and various scripting languages, preferably Python.
- Working knowledge with SQL DBs like MySQL and RDS.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to:
- Navigate ambiguity.
- Present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to team members and stakeholders.
- Identify risks and threats in current and emerging technologies, procedures, features and operations.
- Manage multiple priorities with accuracy and efficiency while meeting deadlines.