An amazing opportunity at Vonage Tel Aviv!
Vonage R&D center is looking for Chief Architect, so if you want to join an elite team of R&D engineers and to be in charge of developing software solutions that serve millions of users and businesses in their day-to-day communication needs, This is the role for you.
We are looking for a Software Architect to join our team. As part of this role, you will :
- Be ready to work closely and collaborate with the development and product teams.
- Define and drive the evolution of our core platform and the shared services portfolio enabling our engineering teams to deliver at scale
- Own and guide key aspects of our architecture, articulating principles, system constraints and qualities to enable development teams to come up with great solutions
- Be a strong communicator, able to coordinate and balance the needs of multiple functions and share best practices widely
- Be a strong advocate for agile and lean software development practices, including intentional architecture, evolutionary design and continuous delivery
As an ideal candidate, you:
- Have great communication and facilitation skills
- Have a proven track record with meaningful technology impact (SU experience -advantage).
- Be skilled in a fast-paced development environment and frequent delivery context (GitOps - advantage)
- Have a strong understanding of Agile, Lean and Continuous Delivery principles
- Have a strong background in delivering Software as a Service (SaaS) in a cloud-based environment, preferably on AWS
- Be a strong advocate for user and developer experience.
- Experienced as the Lead Architect for a software development group (+50 developers)
- Experienced with managing data at scale in a distributed environment
- Bachelor degree in CS or related field - preference will be given to top-class graduates from leading universities
- 10+ years of hands-on coding and software design experience
- Experience with Linux
- Experience with Cloud Environments like AWS or Azure
- Experience with Async/Multiprocessing/multithreading
- Experience with NoSQL databases
- Experience with agile methodology