We leverage technology and best practices to provide world-class business application and user support across Vonage’s global organization. We partner with the business to understand their current and future needs, define, develop, deliver and maintain business systems, data management/storage, network systems and desktop support. We integrate business requirements with technology alternatives, taking into consideration business criticality, timing and cost implications. We apply creativity and state-of-the-art technical understanding to ensure our systems provide business, team and individual value.
Why this role matters
We are looking for a Systems Administrator to manage the IT systems and applications we use within API Tech Support. Your role will be instrumental in ensuring the smooth running of the API Tech Support team. You will also get the chance to work on some major system change projects throughout the course of your role.
IF THIS SOUNDS LIKE YOU, CONTINUE READING BELOW...
What you'll do
Maintain IT systems and tools:
Maintaining systems for API Support such as: Zendesk, Opsgenie, Kibana, Jira, Confluence, Slack, Gmail aliases & Google groups, custom apps and integrations between systems & system automations.
- Ensuring system health and uptime through proactive improvement of our IT systems and tools.
- Monitoring existing systems.
- Handling outages, alerting stakeholders when services are down.
- Identifying areas for expansion of the current Tech Support IT services to provide additional benefits to the department and company.
Providing IT support to Technical Support Engineers, Support Operations, and other users of our systems.
- Triaging issues and resolving yourself where possible:
- Access issues
- “How to” questions
- System bugs
- Working with internal and external IT teams to resolve Technical Support Engineer issues in their systems/tools.
- Manage licences for existing software.
- On- and off-boarding Support Engineers:
- System and tools setup and access
- Group membership
- Rules/automations admin
- Collaborating with IT and other System Admin teams where there is an IT impact for Vonage API Tech Support.
- Overseeing and executing upgrades and system migrations for optimisation or as part of other projects.
- Creating and maintaining documentation for system admin.
- Creating and maintaining Support System user manuals.
What you'll bring
- Problem-solving skills.
- A technical mindset.
- An organised mind.
- Attention to detail.
- In-depth knowledge of computer systems.
- A willingness to support the wider team.
- Ability to describe technical information in easy-to-understand terms.
- Good communication skills.
What's required for application
- Good experience in working in a complex IT environment.
- Advanced knowledge of Zendesk.
- Experience troubleshooting in a variety of software environments.
- A technical support background and familiarity with APIs are a plus.
What's in it for you
In addition to providing exciting work, career advancement opportunities, and a collaborative work environment, Vonage provides competitive pay and benefits including unlimited discretionary time off and tuition reimbursement.
Note: The purpose of this profile is to provide a general summary of essential responsibilities for the position and is not meant as an exhaustive list. Assignments may differ for individuals within the same role based on business conditions, departmental need or geographic location.