We leverage technology and best practices to provide world-class business application and user support across Vonage’s global organization. We partner with the business to understand their current and future needs, define, develop, deliver and maintain business systems, data management/storage, network systems and desktop support. We integrate business requirements with technology alternatives, taking into consideration business criticality, timing and cost implications. We apply creativity and state-of-the-art technical understanding to ensure our systems provide business, team and individual value.
Why this role matters
We are looking for an Enterprise Applications Administrator to manage the IT systems and applications we use within API Tech Support. Your role will be instrumental in ensuring the smooth running of the API Tech Support team. You will also get the chance to work on some major system change projects throughout the course of your role.
IF THIS SOUNDS LIKE YOU, CONTINUE READING BELOW...
What you'll do
- Support the tools used internally including Zendesk, Jira, Slack and G-suite
- Ensuring system health and uptime through proactive improvement of our IT systems and tools.
- Handling outages, alerting stakeholders when services are down.
- Identifying areas for expansion of the current Tech Support IT services to provide additional benefits to the department and company.
- Working with internal and external IT teams to resolve Technical Support Engineer issues in their systems/tools.
- Manage licenses for existing software.
- On- and off-boarding Support Engineers
- Suggest and implement Process and software improvements
- Implementation of workflow designs
- Work with project management and process management teams to deliver new initiatives
- Suggest and evaluate new technology upgrades to tools
- Be the team link to IT and Systems administration and work with those teams on migrations, upgrades, monitoring, major incident response and communications
- Collaborating with IT and other System Admin teams where there is an IT impact for Vonage API Tech Support.
- Overseeing and executing upgrades and system migrations for optimisation or as part of other projects.
- Create & maintain documentation and configuration management collaborating with Knowledge Manager; Housekeeping inc. coordinating new starters/leavers systems access etc. within API Support team
What you'll bring
- Problem-solving skills.
- A technical mindset.
- An organised mind.
- Attention to detail.
- In-depth knowledge of computer systems.
- A willingness to support the wider team.
- Ability to describe technical information in easy-to-understand terms.
- Good communication skills.
What's required for application
- Good experience in working in a complex IT environment.
- Advanced knowledge of Zendesk, Jira, Slack and G-suite
- Experience troubleshooting in a variety of software environments.
- A technical support background and familiarity with APIs are a plus.
What's in it for you
In addition to providing exciting work, career advancement opportunities, and a collaborative work environment, Vonage provides competitive pay and benefits including unlimited discretionary time off and tuition reimbursement.
Note: The purpose of this profile is to provide a general summary of essential responsibilities for the position and is not meant as an exhaustive list. Assignments may differ for individuals within the same role based on business conditions, departmental need or geographic location.