Location: Holmdel, NJ
Why this role matters:
The Benefits Analyst is responsible for the administration of best practices for benefits and wellness programs that supporting the objective of making Vonage a Destination Place to Work. The incumbent should be well versed in the areas including but not limited to: cafeteria plans, health and wellness programs, life and disability insurances, COBRA, leave plans and retirement plans. This position is also responsible for creating benefits communications counseling employees on benefits matters and maintaining the compliance of these plans.
IF THIS SOUNDS LIKE YOU, CONTINUE READING BELOW…
What you will do:
- Assist the Director Benefits, Health & Welfare in all matters related to the administration of the Vonage medical, dental, vision, COBRA, leave of absence and 401(k) plans.
- Work with benefits broker and carriers to administer benefit programs and ensure compliance with all pertinent federal and local regulations.
- Organize the information required for all non-discrimination testing, 5500 preparation, SARs etc.
- Support and participate with the SOX audit process and manage internal benefits controls to mitigate risk and identify deficiencies.
- Oversee and manage LOA/STD/LTD in accordance with the Vonage plan.
- Drive the effective management of LOA/STD/LTD program by working with the HR Shared Service Center, HRIS, HR Business Partners and others.
- Assist with implementing new processes associated with the administration of employee benefits.
- Assure company compliance with provisions of Employee Retirement Income Security Act and the Affordable Care Act.
- Prepare reports and applications required by law to be filed with federal and state agencies (i.e. Internal Revenue Service, Department of Labor, and other regulatory agencies).
- Communicate with employees who have issues related to benefit eligibility and coverage.
- Monitor and audit file feeds to ensure data integrity both internally and externally to vendors.
- Assist with open enrollment process as well as educating options to employees.
- Assist in merger and acquisition activities.
- Assist with ad hoc projects, reports, and other tasks as needed.
What you will bring:
- Collaboration, persistence, analytical skills, highly organized.
What’s required for application:
- Minimum 5 years of benefits administration experience required
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Solid understanding of benefit plan principles, HealthCare and other federal/state regulations related to benefits
- Excellent verbal and written communication skill
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Excel in particular
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a timely manner
What's in it for you:
- In addition to providing exciting work, career advancement opportunities, and a collaborative work environment, Vonage provides competitive pay and benefits including unlimited discretionary time off and tuition reimbursement.
The purpose of this profile is to provide a general summary of essential responsibilities for the position and is not meant as an exhaustive list. Assignments may differ for individuals within the same role based on business conditions, departmental need or geographic location.