Vonage Engineering Mission
We embody the notion of be what’s next now! We envision, develop and manage technology to connect the world. Our team brings excellence, passion, creativity and curiosity to the job. We look at the business environment and technologies in new and challenging ways, striving to develop and deliver integrated whole-system solutions to meet our customers’ ever-changing needs.
We offer a competitive salary, including annual bonus and RSU, as well as a great benefits package. Why go to a company where your work gets lost in a sea of engineers contributing to a small piece of the machine. Your work matters here at Vonage. We value creativity and individuality.
Why this role matters:
We are looking for a highly motivated Manager, Lead Software Developer Engineer in Test (SDET) that has the ability to step up and have an impact on our organization. We are looking to hire an extraordinary software engineer who has taken their career to testing and development process automation.
Quality at Vonage is at the center of everything we do. If you want to create a product that changes the world and is committed 100% to customer success—this is the place for you. Great products. Great people. Great team. Great opportunity.
Strong coding background is required
IF THIS SOUNDS LIKE YOU, CONTINUE READING BELOW…….
What you will do:
- Work towards improving test automation framework and maintain scalable data sets
- Develop and contribute to long-term technical solutions and strategies of the engineering department
- Advocate technical solutions and execute ideas without waiting for, or requiring intervention from others
- Educate developers, at all levels to write higher quality software
- Identify quality weaknesses, suggest solutions and drive/initiate change
- Build and cultivate multi-functional relationships with peers in engineering, product, and design
- Deliver the best quality products and features in the shortest period of time without sacrificing quality Enhance existing capabilities with innovative solutions that will set us apart from our competition
- Evaluate current test procedures/process and drive optimization
- Use monitoring and reporting tools to provide quality metrics
- Help others develop skills that support career interests
- Provide ongoing feedback that helps improve performance
- Build a work environment that makes people want to be a part of our team
What you will bring:
- Self-motivating, creativity and proactiveness to work successfully in a fast-paced environment including diverse technologies, labs and architectures.
- Proficiency in troubleshooting and root cause analysis of product defects
- Ability to operate in a dynamic and challenging, team-oriented environment, and to meet tight deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
What is required of you:
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science
- Experience leading a team of global QA resources
- Deep understanding of testing concepts, methodologies and processes, of agile methodologies such as test-driven development, continuous delivery, agile testing
- Experience of planning, executing and validating tests across the full test spectrum (functional, non-functional, regression, integration, UAT, Security testing etc)
- Experience in developing APIs and back-end services displaying innovation in designing process improvements
- Working knowledge of at least two programming languages (e.g. Java, Go, Python)
- Experience in developing and running a Continuous Integration system
- Experience with test automation of one or more: iOS (Quick, Nimble), JS (Grunt, Karma, Mocha), Android (Mockito/Powermock, Robolectric)
What is in it for you:
In addition to providing exciting work, career advancement opportunities, and a collaborative work environment, Vonage provides competitive pay and benefits including unlimited discretionary time off and tuition reimbursement.