Vonage Engineering Mission
We embody the notion of what's next now! We envision, develop and manage technology to connect the world. Our team brings excellence, passion, creativity and curiosity to the job. We look at the business environment and technologies in new and challenging ways, striving to develop and deliver integrated whole-system solutions to meet our customers’ ever-changing needs.
Why this role matters
As a Vonage Sr. SDET Engineer, you will test the infrastructure and business logic for next-generation unified communication platforms. The individual will work as part of an Agile Team and be responsible for the Automated Test Case Creation, Test Planning, Test Execution, Continuous Integration and implement and test framework. We are seeking a Sr. SDET Engineer to help us test and implement the framework needed for the next generation of Video/OpenTok platform, solve interesting use-cases on the mobile, and test a rich set of APIs for online voice and video communications. We test solutions that serve millions of users and businesses all over the world.
IF THIS SOUNDS LIKE YOU, CONTINUE READING BELOW...
What you'll do
- Work closely with developers to create test cases, design test plans, and automate test cases for the verification of product functionality.
- Espresso test development experience (Android)
- XCUITest/XCTest test development experience (iOS)
- Mobile Apps CI Pipeline experience (Jenkins, Github Actions, Travis etc)
- Take components and end to end testing responsibilities and define QA cross functional strategy
- Work closely with developers Product Owners & Scrum Masters to review product
- Facilitate the tracking of Bugs and Enhancements (via JIRA and applicable tools)
- Develop and implement the Test Automation strategy/effort
- Document, track and escalate issues as appropriate ability to build effective relationships through partnering and collaboration
What you're responsible for
- Playing a key role in helping testing the Video/OpenTok platform
- Automating and architecting the test framework needed for the next generation client based video communications.
- Working alongside other Engineers to define, drive and complete the technology strategy.
- Evangelizing the platform and using a feedback-driven methodology to drive test framework enhancements and implement new testing tools as needed.
- Working in rapid 1-2 week development cycles.
- Collaborating closely with our teams located around the world.
What's required for application
- 5+ years of professional experience in software test automation, including creation and deployment of frameworks and design and maintenance of test automation
- 3+ years of Mobile Apps test automation experience within a professional environment using Espresso (Android) and/or XCUITest/XCTest (iOS) or other tools like Calabash, Appium, Robotium etc
- Experience in developing and running a Continuous Integration system and CD tools (Jenkins, Travis, GitHub Actions or similar tools)
- Fluency in at least one of the C/C++, Java, SWIFT or Objective-C programming languages
- Background in writing integration and automated tests to create well tested code.
- Ability to understand and design whole systems from front-end to back-end.
- Experience on real-time communications engines and multimedia codecs is a plus
- Enjoys communicating with others and is always eager to learn new technologies and frameworks
- Self-motivated; able to work independently with minimal direction
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Engineering or Computer Science
What's in it for you
In addition to providing exciting work, career advancement opportunities, and a collaborative work environment, Vonage provides competitive pay and benefits including unlimited discretionary time off and tuition reimbursement.
Note: The purpose of this profile is to provide a general summary of essential responsibilities for the position and is not meant as an exhaustive list. Assignments may differ for individuals within the same role based on business conditions, departmental need or geographic location.